Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally a warm day in Wis went for my first ride since Oct.
It was cooler along Lake Michigan as usual but a few miles west it was 60 degrees just staying on side roads saw a few bikes out today but with restaurants and bars closed no real places to stop.
But I had a smile for 95 miles today and it felt great.

·
Registered
263 Posts
My lady and I discussed this and have decided we are going to do everything we can this riding season, as shortened/convoluted as it might be this year, to frequent as many restaurants and bars as we possibly can once they're back open. (I know. Are we heroes or what?) We tip big to 1) express our appreciation of good service, when evident, and to show that even bikers "get it". Probably more than most.
(WE already know that, I know, but it's also up to us to make sure that everyone else does, too. With all that is now going on, what a great way to show that the rider community is an asset to communities, be it Toy Runs, Support the Local Cops, Pantry Food drives, etc., that should be promoted and monetarily sponsored by the non-riding communities), 2) to show support for local small businesses, no matter who's "locality" that business happens to be in as we travel, and 3) because we always have. Now, it will be even more important to try to give back to the ones who've risked everything to try to have their own independent business, a better future lifestyle for their families, and a personal statement of how they view their lives instead of being an employee of someone else's dream. As a "small business owner" since the late '60s, I have always understood the need to be supported by your local community of potential customers. I am proud to be a part of a group of people, such as bikers, whether on this forum or not, to know that most of you feel and act in the same way. Money talks, BS, well, you already know. Ride and abide, and be safe, Friends. "We're all in this together" is only another vapid, meaningless, and completely ineffective political slogan (e.g. "Bring Our Girls Home". Yeah, that worked well, huh?) that makes us feel a part of the community - of pablum-eaters. I personally believe that now is the time to give like you've never contributed before (I'm NOT referring to political donations by saying that, and have no issue with those who do or don't agree), get creative in how you can help support the local support systems around you, and keep your vision up and down the road. (You're supposed to do that anyway.) All the best to all. This ain't no drill.

Many of us are of a certain age, aka "Retired", and have the wherewithal to act as we believe, and this national crisis is a unique opportunity to put our "wherewithal" where we think it might do the best, which is certainly better than the paltry interest rate we are "earning" on those basically stagnant accounts.

Thanks for listening, if you got this far. I'm not just talking to my American friends. We have many International members who are going through the same things. Good time to count the blessings we have. I apologize if anyone views this post as (insert objection here).

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice! Glad to have another Valk on the road this time of year. I was out the other day and it was nice. Have fun and stay safe.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good to hear that you're getting out there, JackB.
Temperatures remain chilly here in Central New Hampshire, too.
So far this year, I've gotten out just once, on my other bike, an F6B.
It is raining here today, and 42 degrees - a real typical spring day in New England.

Not exactly a good day to ride :)

Good news is...I have next Monday off.
Weather forecast predicts a sunny day in the low 60s, and I'm planning on burning off the gas that's been sitting in my 2014 Valkyrie since October.

I've already uncovered Black Beauty, aired the tires, wiped her down and waxed her.
I'll be heading to the coast to Hampton Beach.
Should be a glorious day.
BTW, what brand of saddle is it you've got on your bike, and is that a 14 or a 15?

HondaBilly

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear that you're getting out there, JackB.
Temperatures remain chilly here in Central New Hampshire, too.
So far this year, I've gotten out just once, on my other bike, an F6B.
It is raining here today, and 42 degrees - a real typical spring day in New England.

Not exactly a good day to ride :)

Good news is...I have next Monday off.
Weather forecast predicts a sunny day in the low 60s, and I'm planning on burning off the gas that's been sitting in my 2014 Valkyrie since October.

I've already uncovered Black Beauty, aired the tires, wiped her down and waxed her.
I'll be heading to the coast to Hampton Beach.
Should be a glorious day.
BTW, what brand of saddle is it you've got on your bike, and is that a 14 or a 15?

HondaBilly
The bike is a 2015 and it has a Cobin seat on it.
Have a safe ride next Monday

·
Registered
6 Posts
just north of the border we ride all year. winter is more comfy as temps are cooler and you can wear layers and gear as needed. Alas all this end of the world stuff is putting major crimp on getting any real road work done. while the fires are burning the southern hemisphere off the map, we are being deluged with rain and fleeing left coasties. the rain itself would alieve our diminished watershed reservoirs, but the left coasties are consuming it faster than God can replenish.. and damit he's trying! So all that is to say not much riding is getting done.. a mere couple thou, weekend rides to the lakes to see if levels are up. kinda like watching the stock market. depressing. all you can do is sit and wait this out. and hope lefties will leave or drink the coronas left out for them.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts