Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little over a year ago, I hesitantly(no cruise and reverse on a touring bike) purchased a red F6b and did like the bike, but after 2400 miles it got replaced by a Can Am Spyder with all of the above and lots more, and I can now safely ride someone. Always been a fan of Valkyries and bought one new in 97 and many since then. A little dealer here in Mi. had a deep red Valkyrie and was honest about pricing and I bought it. I had the dealer put the tall windshield on it which is a must.

Bike is a WONDERFUL cruiser BUT….seat is hard as a 2 x 4 and surely will cause problems like the factory Rune seat did for me. Rear suspension seems harsh/stiff and I know it's adjustable and will check it.

Only 10 miles on it as rain drops started coming down, but I can feel the 90 lbs. weight loss over the F6b and will use this as an around town, or bike for a days ride. LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I softened the rear suspension 7 clicks and it helps a lot. Any softer and the rear tire will noticeable start to slip in high speed corners.

·
Registered
99 Posts
welcome aboard, take it too a local upholsterer and see if they can't help you out. Far cheaper than an aftermarket seat and it will be fully custom just for your tush...

·
Registered
120 Posts
What is Russell Day Long? Is that an upholsterer?

I'll be interested in seeing what you do with the seat of your F6C. Are you just looking for comfort, or will it be in a cool style as well?

Too bad that the seat is uncomfortable on a bike that is supposed to be good for touring.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What is Russell Day Long? Is that an upholsterer?

I'll be interested in seeing what you do with the seat of your F6C. Are you just looking for comfort, or will it be in a cool style as well?

Too bad that the seat is uncomfortable on a bike that is supposed to be good for touring.
pretty much no seat has ever been exceptionally comfortable over long distances, even on dedicated baggers...

https://www.day-long.com/

·
Registered
214 Posts
that is true and part of that has to do with sitting for really long periods of time, stopping often to get up and stretch your legs does help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
that is true and part of that has to do with sitting for really long periods of time, stopping often to get up and stretch your legs does help.
That is a good point. Nothing beats getting up and stretching your legs after being on your bike for quite a while.

I guess that means you have just given up and figure that any seat you get is going to be uncomfortable after a while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts