Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at the vast amount of exhausts made for this bike (yeah that was sarcasm) I went with the Torqmasters. Living in CA though was an obstacle since the guy wouldn't sell to Cali folks due to CARB ( CA Air Resource Board) wanting to fine everyone I had to send them to another state and then send have them sent back to me. The funniest part of the whole deal was that they had to go across the country and back to get them when they were made in an industrial park where I live. Crazy.
Anyway, I got them and couldn't be happier . I had Jimmy ( I was calling the poor guy Johnny in ever email. I still feel bad) make them in chrome with black tips. I'll let you guys be the judge on how they look. But the sound.... The bike sounds like an 80s Porsche Turbo.. I love it. Would I suggest them? **** yeah >:D>:D>:D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Did you get the Torq Loopz as well, or do you still have the cats?

I have the Torq Loopz with Rush pipes and the bike sounds awesome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Got her in the canyon today. Torq loops will be soon. The sound is deceptive . They don't sound loud when you're on the bike but when you get in an area where the noise bounces off the rocks you really hear it. With pipes these bikes DO sound like old Porsches...

·
Registered
402 Posts
No power commander required.

Just start the bike without any throttle and let it idle until the fans kick on without ever touching the throttle. The computer will relearn the specs. :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any chance you can post a video or sound clip? Youtube link?

·
Registered
497 Posts
They look very nice but I got a question about their size. Do they stick out any further then the originals? I have liked these pipes for a long time but the original pipes I have dragged. In the sellers picks they "seem" to stick out further in which case they could cause me problems.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Did you need a power commander to get them right with the EFI? They look awesome!
This is always a hot topic. I also have a Yami Roadstar FI... Many Roadstar owners where swapping out the stock air box and pipes for aftermarket goodies and concern about the ECU keeping the bike runnning properly was rampant. The fear being with more air moving through the less restrictive air intake and free flow exhaust would cause the bike to run lean/hot/poorly and lead to a bunch of problems.. A couple of us had bought new completely stock bikes and added air/fuel gauge... ran the bike for a month or so many different conditions,, speeds,, etc. making note of the air/fuel mix which was typically “on the number” (14.7) when cruising steady, no load at various speeds.. took the factory pipes off, added drag pipes, big K&N air box and again ran the bike for a month noting air/fuel mix under various conditions/speeds, etc.. absolutely no discernible difference in the air/fuel readings at many different throttle positions, etc.. The bike was always on the number at steady cruise and similar to stock at various throttle positions. The stock ECU’s as suspected are very capable of varying the fuel delivered to the injectors. The Honda ECU system has exhaust O2, air temp, mass flow and throttle position inputs to deliver the correct fuel input to the injectors.. Like any ECU’s it has the ability to compensate for variables.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts