Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well,my 2015 Valk with only 3682 miles fell victim to a manufacturing defect...check the underside of your final drive unit. if it looks like mine does then yours is a victim of (lack of sealant) of the 2 halves that make up the final drive assembly. ive already talked to my dealer and Honda Corporate today and looks like it'll be covered under "warranty" manufacturing defect. apparently this has been an issue since Honda left Ohio. its a known issue according to the GL Forum . check it out before it cost ya!

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
well,my 2015 Valk with only 3682 miles fell victim to a manufacturing defect...check the underside of your final drive unit. if it looks like mine does then yours is a victim of (lack of sealant) of the 2 halves that make up the final drive assembly. ive already talked to my dealer and Honda Corporate today and looks like it'll be covered under "warranty" manufacturing defect. apparently this has been an issue since Honda left Ohio. its a known issue according to the GL Forum . check it out before it cost ya!
Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is 2019. I'm thinking this cannot be a big problem or there would have been a greater shout out to owners to check.

well apparently its been an issue for not only the full size Wing, but all that have that kind of final drive. its hit and miss with who has the problem i screen shot a conversation from the GLFORUM where they know its been happening.

Attachments

·
Registered
712 Posts
Good example of why you want to keep it clean under there. You pick up things early. I get on my back once a week with a light, some WD40 and a rag and give it a once over. Five minutes, once a week...good investment I reckon. Besides, it's actually kinda relaxing :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I didn't see in the original post how it was a big issue.

I appreciate the intel and will keep an eye on my unit and give feedback to the forum if mine is one of them. These things happen in manufacturing all the time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts