Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully pulled the HONDA decals off the bike without damaging the paint? What process did you use?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Mine came off easily, start it with the corner using your finger nail or something non- metallic. Then pull gently. If it's been in the sun much you may need to apply heat (hairdryer or heat gun) comes right off. Then use WD-40 to easily remove adhesive with a rag.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to remove the HONDA sticker from the back fender. I figured a heat gun might damage the plastic. Everything scratches the paint.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I want to remove the HONDA sticker from the back fender. I figured a heat gun might damage the plastic. Everything scratches the paint.
Those stickers, like the one on your fender and the ones on your tank, will come off pretty easily. I have minimal skills in doing bike mods, but even I did this with ease. Just take a hair dryer to it and don't let it get too close, and slowly warm up the sticker. Get a credit card, driver's license or other fairly hard plastic edge and gently push against the edge of the sticker. Once enough of the sticker comes up, grip it and gently pull it as you continue to keep the hair dryer going back and forth. It will come off with relative ease. There will be some residue remaining on the paint from the adhesive, and this will come off with a bit of rubbing and a light solvent such as has been recommended like WD-40. I think I used rubbing alcohol.

Richmonder

Reactions: rkroden
1 - 6 of 6 Posts