Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's getting cold in Wisconsin and riding season is close to ending.
The forecast doesn't look good but yesterday it was 50 and sunny so I went for a little ride to enjoy some of the fall colors.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Beautiful! We need more people to post their bike pics, and now is a great time to do it. Nice shot!

Richmonder

·
Registered
360 Posts
It's getting cold in Wisconsin and riding season is close to ending.
The forecast doesn't look good but yesterday it was 50 and sunny so I went for a little ride to enjoy some of the fall colors.
Awesome photo, Jack. What a difference in perspective. Trees are just beginning to change here in TX and the serious riding season has begun, where it's finally cool enough to wear a riding jacket. I'll get some photos of our midget trees that might look more like bushes to you:D
:)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Here in central Mississippi, we ride all year long. The weather has indeed been perfect. I understand weather is an issue for many of you and do feel regret but always glad to see your continued attempts to ride. This is a great picture!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Rode close to 400 miles today, including a visit to historic Fort Griffin from 1867 to 1881, NE of Abilene, TX

Attachments

Reactions: ashram1974

·
Registered
669 Posts
That's a LOT of Valkyries!

Richmonder

·
Registered
360 Posts
That's a LOT of Valkyries!

Richmonder
Your seeing Valkyries in your dreams, LOL. Only 3 this time, + some latest generation GoldWings, a couple Harleys, an Indian, and older GoldWings.

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went for my last ride on the Valkyrie for this year and I ended up at the same place as last week, the tree has lost a few leaves.
I will be riding my F6B till it snows.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The fall colors are over here is the same tree with a different bike.
The Valkyrie is stored for the winter.
The weather forecast is showing 50-60's next week which is great because Oct was 15 degrees below average for most of the month.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Wow, you lost your leaves early! We still have a ton to fall before they're gone here in Virginia.

People ask me all the time if my bike is "stored for the winter". I never consider it stored for winter. I've been known to ride in sub-zero weather and am more than happy to take the mouthed "YOU ARE F*&KING CRAZY!" looks from people in their cars. If the streets are clear, it's potentially a riding day to me. I used to look over my motorcycle policy which at one time had a winter "sunny day" benefit, just to make sure there was no minimum temperature at which you could ride. These days I'm a bit more sane and likely won't ever ride in below freezing temps, but my bike is always a possible ride no matter what the time of year. You're lucky to have both a Valk and an F6B!

Thanks for the pic!

Richmonder

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, you lost your leaves early! We still have a ton to fall before they're gone here in Virginia.

People ask me all the time if my bike is "stored for the winter". I never consider it stored for winter. I've been known to ride in sub-zero weather and am more than happy to take the mouthed "YOU ARE F*&KING CRAZY!" looks from people in their cars. If the streets are clear, it's potentially a riding day to me. I used to look over my motorcycle policy which at one time had a winter "sunny day" benefit, just to make sure there was no minimum temperature at which you could ride. These days I'm a bit more sane and likely won't ever ride in below freezing temps, but my bike is always a possible ride no matter what the time of year. You're lucky tohave both a Valk and an F6B!

Thanks for the pic!

Richmonder
We get too much snow to kept to the bike ready to go. Too much salt on the streets and it's cold.
When I worked I would ride my bike to work in cold weather but 25 degrees was my cut off temperature it was a 10 mile ride my legs would be cold for about an hour.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Depending on the North Texas weather next week, today might have been the last Fall ride for 6 of us. 240 miles including Eagle Mountain Lake, Hwy 4 and this monster (OK, they modestly call it ‘Large’) chicken fried steak at Mary’s in Strawn. It is actually 3 large steaks on a platter instead of a plate, so the potatoes or fries have to be served in another dish, and then another huge bowl of gravy that wouldn’t fit in the picture, note the fork as a size reference. The temps were definitely on the crisp side, but as you can see, we still have plenty of color in the trees.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Snow is here in Wisconsin and the temperature is starting to drop.
Bikes and car are under cover for the next few? months.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Good time to get projects done before your riding season blooms again or maybe sit back turn on the heat and put on a few pounds?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts