Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been noticing some F6Cs lately. It is possible they've been around for a while but I've recently become aware of them now that I own one.
A few weeks ago I saw a black one parked in a driveway on the west side of Manchester, NH.
I saw a black one out riding in NH on Labor Day, possibly on 114 or 13, I forgot exactly where.

·
Registered
72 Posts
NH is a great place to own a Valk with those twisty roads and high speed limits. I can't wait until I can move out there permanently. You will see a lot more now that they are selling at a reasonable price. I've seen one in Chicago, the suburbs, at Starved Rock, and downstate IL. I mean, it was mine, because otherwise, I haven't seen any!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've been noticing some F6Cs lately. It is possible they've been around for a while but I've recently become aware of them now that I own one.
Yes, you will notice them more, just like (probably) with every new car you've ever bought. I call it the "VW Effect". When I was in the ninth grade, my new girlfriend, Cindy Hood (Hi, if you're out there!), told me that we couldn't have our first kiss until, between the two of us, we had seen 100 red VW Beetles, which was about the only kind there were besides the buses back in 1966. I can still remember how despondent I felt when she told me that! ("100 VW bugs??? I'll NEVER see that many!") Fortunately, I was living in "the Berkley of the Midwest", Iowa City, home of the Univ. of Iowa Hawkeyes, of which I've been one ever since I was born at the U. of I. hospital and ultimately graduated from there. Every other "hippie" in those days had a VW (I drove a '59 TR-3) and many of them were red. We counted, between the two of us, 100 of them in a week! I didn't cheat, and have no idea if she did or not, but I do remember it was worth the wait. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
A few weeks ago I saw a black one parked in a driveway on the west side of Manchester, NH.
I saw a black one out riding in NH on Labor Day, possibly on 114 or 13, I forgot exactly where.
Most likely you saw me on 113 I live nearby and use it often. I have the windshield and saddlebags that came on it form Naults.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Where I live I think I have seen half a dozen at the most in the wild in 4 years or so and none look quite like mine. I remember when the Diavels came out I was pretty interested. Later on sitting at the place we go for breakfast every Saturday morning there was 9 Diavels all looking pretty much the same :)

Never did actually buy the bike on the looks. At the time the front looked wtf and the rear was blah but the test ride sold it. Now I love it and I also really like the fact that it is almost certainly the only one wherever I am. Good with that.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Big price drop this year as the next generation engine was announced, so I think they're finally starting to sell. I've had my eye on them since 2014 and finally pulled the trigger 2 months ago, put 2,000 miles on it in N TX and getting a LOT of compliments.

Reactions: wgold9722

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have yet to see another Valk in the wild. Of course, the Chicago area isn't the ideal place to ride a large, powerful bike. If it hadn't been for the huge price drop, I wouldn't have one. I also had to drive about 5 hours to find a dealer that had one in stock.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Never ever seen one in the UK, ever. Are they made in the states because i note the front indicators are always on and that is very unusual over here?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Never ever seen one in the UK, ever. Are they made in the states because i note the front indicators are always on and that is very unusual over here?

The same in Australia, I would expect the same everywhere. Most bikes here don't run them either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most likely you saw me on 113 I live nearby and use it often. I have the windshield and saddlebags that came on it form Naults.
I saw black with windshield, not sure about saddlebags because I was heading south and the other was heading north and I had been out all day. I have a blue one, no windshield, with a passenger seat bag.
I ride 114 frequently, one of my favorite paths to 118/112/302 White Mountain area. I usually take 153 back but that day I rode in Vermont so was coming down 114. Vermont has some great roads, especially 100.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Honda NT700V Rider here with over 100,000 miles...just got my 2014 Blue Valk,,,,Live near San Marcos...Texas hill country...here I come... Enjoy the lone star state on your Valk.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, another riding season is coming to an END and I'm happy to hear that some...a few of you fellas have seen other late model F6C's out there. I've only seen (and latter met) a Rune owner in Bowie, Maryland...but we forgot to exchange information!!! I saw on earlier post/threads that there are 2-3 Valkyrie aka F6C within 10-15 miles of me (zip 21045). If you guys are still on this forum or still own your Valkyries...shoot me an DM, IM, PM or wherever it's called these days so that the Valkyrie riders in the D.M.V. (DC, Maryland, Virginia) area can plan some group rides for the 2019 riding season. BTW, if you ever need the stock front rim for your Valkyrie...your bike will be DOWN for a while because NO dealership "Stateside" is going to have it. I was told by the GM of my dealership that my front rim was manufactured/made/forged on Friday 9/14/18 in Japan. After 63 loooong days, I should be back on the road some time this week. Long story short, while my War Goddess was parked, a driver struck it and fled the scene, causing damage to the fender and front rim. Insurance paid for the damage, but even they didn't know it was going to take THIS LONG. I'll give you riders MORE details AFTER I get my bike back, until then stay safe, watch out for "us" cagers and keep the shiny side up!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
When I was in Southern California I maybe saw 3-4 ever. They're rare. Now in Tucson I get the occasional double take when some of the Harley guys see me go by sounding like a car.. >:D

·
Registered
402 Posts
Last summer when I was driving through Trois Riviers in Quebec. There were a bunch of Harley guys riding beside me that were looking at my Valk. They were talking in French and wondering what kind of bike it was. I have Ontario plates, so they probably thought I couldn't understand them. I don't speak much French, but I can usually understand what is being said. They loved the look of the bike until one guy said that he saw the 'Valkyrie' emblem on the side and the 'Honda' written on the side of the engine. At that point, they tried to ignore my bike, but I saw them catching glimpses of it.
As for our Valks, I have seen quite a few of them around me. There are a few guys in Ottawa with one and one guy has the Corbin bags on it. I have met a few of them and they can never understand why they didn't sell.

Although, in Ontario, unless you have a great driving record. The insurance for any bike over 1400cc is ridiculous. Same thing for the crotch rockets. I would hate to see what the insurance would be for the Harleys I see being driven around.

·
Registered
464 Posts
The insurance for any bike over 1400cc is ridiculous.
While my ins was not too high, I can say that they came thru with flying colors when I recently totaled my vtx1800. I was pretty shocked at the payout. Every penny paid for the valk.

I'm sure premium will go up now. I've learned that insuring the accessories make a big difference.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Last summer when I was driving through Trois Riviers in Quebec. There were a bunch of Harley guys riding beside me that were looking at my Valk. They were talking in French and wondering what kind of bike it was. I have Ontario plates, so they probably thought I couldn't understand them. I don't speak much French, but I can usually understand what is being said. They loved the look of the bike until one guy said that he saw the 'Valkyrie' emblem on the side and the 'Honda' written on the side of the engine. At that point, they tried to ignore my bike, but I saw them catching glimpses of it.
I ride a black '14 and when I bought it two years ago I completely de-badged it. It doesn't have a "HONDA" or the red wing logo on the tank, etc. anywhere visible on the bike and I've also blacked out the chrome "Valkyrie" insignia on the black sidecovers, so you have to look really hard to get a clue as to what it is or might be. I experience the same thing: most are completely mystified and come up with all kinds of nice comments, e.g. "Bada*s bike; wow, look at that single-side arm; what IS it?, SIX cylinders??, etc." I get some interesting guesses, from riders of all makes. Makes parking lot conversations kind of fun and interesting. :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts