Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had time to install my LED brake light. I am pleased it's very bright and well located. I mounted mine flush to the bottom of my rack. It actually reflects off the chrome rack at night making it crazy bright. You must look away or burn out your retinas like staring at the thrusters on a Belters spaceship. Thanks to JackB for the kit.(y)
Just pick the green wire...

Splice or solder...

Connect your ground...choose you location. I didn't want the bracket marring my fender so chose the bottom side of my rack. Nice clean factory look. Can't see it until illuminated.

Tough to see in the garage how impressive this is even in full daylight. I'll post more outdoor pics. I'm pleased, thanks JackB for the simple functional kit.

·
Registered
457 Posts
No, sorry I made 5 and they gone.
If a few more people what some I could make more.
$75 shipped

·
Registered
26 Posts
I finally had time to install my LED brake light. I am pleased it's very bright and well located. I mounted mine flush to the bottom of my rack. It actually reflects off the chrome rack at night making it crazy bright. You must look away or burn out your retinas like staring at the thrusters on a Belters spaceship. Thanks to JackB for the kit.(y)
Just pick the green wire...

View attachment 12320

Splice or solder...

View attachment 12321

Connect your ground...choose you location. I didn't want the bracket marring my fender so chose the bottom side of my rack. Nice clean factory look. Can't see it until illuminated.

View attachment 12322

Tough to see in the garage how impressive this is even in full daylight. I'll post more outdoor pics. I'm pleased, thanks JackB for the simple functional kit.

View attachment 12323

View attachment 12324
Looks Great!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finally got to install my new auxiliary brake light. Thanks to Jack B for the photos and installation instructions. I have the stock seat, so I opted to mount it under the rack. I like the look and feel a bit safer now.

A2B34ABA-9FD1-41F4-B3AB-41EC45753FD2.jpeg
82E0EFB7-01B7-4688-823E-F128E0C58E49.jpeg

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looking good Anton4...
I rode to meet my wife for lunch yesterday and I saw a truck cutting traffic to keep up with me. He pulled up at the next light and gave me a thumbs up, tried to ask questions about the brake light...the traffic light turned green and never got to finish our conversation. I actually forgot about it, guess he noticed it. My wife was also behind me and said it was much more noticeable.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you slide the strips into anything to protect them? I thinking of running them as one line of light and fixed to the underside of my Wompus rack.

Which green wire is the correct one?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you slide the strips into anything to protect them? I thinking of running them as one line of light and fixed to the underside of my Wompus rack.

Which green wire is the correct one?
I just stuck the strips to the bracket that Jack made. It’s the green wire with the yellow stripe (not the yellow wire with the green stripe). Under the seat, on the left side you will see two bundles of wires wrapped in black plastic and tape. You want to open the smaller of the two bundles (it will probably have a paper label attached to it). That’s where you’ll find your wire. I opened the big one first by mistake.

The picture in post #1 shows it well. I unfortunately didn’t notice that in time. :cool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just stuck the strips to the bracket that Jack made. It’s the green wire with the yellow stripe (not the yellow wire with the green stripe). Under the seat, on the left side you will see two bundles of wires wrapped in black plastic and tape. You want to open the smaller of the two bundles (it will probably have a paper label attached to it). That’s where you’ll find your wire. I opened the big one first by mistake.

The picture in post #1 shows it well. I unfortunately didn’t notice that in time. :cool:
THANKS!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts