Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
I just bought my new (for me) Valkyrie-2014, definitely it is a joy to ride it! As my other bike is ST1300, I did expect the same kind of exhaust noise which is almost none, quiet ride! There is a major difference over 3000 rpm, the exhaust noise is way stronger, around 2000 rpm is super quiet! Is this the way it is suppose to be? Can I make it quiet all over rpm range as my ST1300 runs? Any input is greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Iulian

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
Nope that’s them 6 cylinders opening up... the Valkyrie has a throatier tuned exhaust than a Goldwing or F6B and you will not find ANY aftermarket exhaust for the bike so, enjoy what ya got, and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flat-Six, Thanks for your answer, is a bit a surprise, I was expecting a super quiet ride, electric bike style as many describes over! Maybe I will a regular silencer will help?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That motorcycle is not for everybody! This is a true piece of Honda master engineering, there is no need to do any mods of any kind, this motorcycle has it all! The noise is coming from the exhaust if you keep it in low gear and high rpm! Use your senses to do a fine combination Gear/RPM and you will enjoy an amazing ride!

Happy riding!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ha. I remember when I was riding mine home on the day of purchase, at low throttle setting it got so quiet that I thought it had stalled! :)

I hope the loudness at highway speed isn't a problem for you, as it does seem to get a little louder as the pipes get broken in well (24,000 miles on mine now).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts