Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found a aftermarket exhaust, or tried to drill out the pipes like a lot of the owners on the 1500cc did? I have spoken with Vance and Hines, Torqmasters and Two Brother racing and no one is making pipes yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Exhaust

I send an email with cobra, it has nothing to Valkyrie 2014 to now.
Salut Jean Mi, devant la'difficulté pour trouver 1 systeme d'echappement, j'ai commandé 2 echappements sur le'site BIRSHILL AUTOMOTIVE (que je ferai adapter) de même que l'intermediare Torq Loops de Torq Master Pipes
5 semaines sont necessaires pour obtenir ce materiel et te tiendrai au courant lorsque ce sera installé (ou pas...)
Amitiés
Roger FERRARI

·
Registered
58 Posts
Roger thank you for this info, finally a track maybe?

To follow and if you have pictures do not hesitate to send them.
For cons, I do not know, "the intermediare Torq Loops Torq Master Pipes" What is it?

Merci Roger pour ces infos, enfin une piste ?

Si tu as des photos, n'hésites pas à les envoyer.
Par contre, je ne connais pas "l'intermediare Torq Loops de Torq Master Pipes" C'est quoi ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Alors Torq (acronyme anglais de couple) est l'intermédiaire d'echappement. Sur le'site TorqMasterPipe cela ressemble'à 2 trompettes

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I believe the loops replace the cat system, between the headers and the exhaust for better air flow. But he does not make a setup for the Valkyrie. He doesn't believe there is enough business with this model of bike yet. I think it's a great system and if we could get enough people interested he might start.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I believe the loops replace the cat system, between the headers and the exhaust for better air flow.
It looks like it also eliminates the crossover pipe, so instead of a 3+3 into 1 into 2 system you have a two individual 3 into 1 systems. (I read somewhere that the 3+3 into 1 into 2 system has more torque but loses horsepower.)

I thought it was against the law to modify the emissions part of the exhaust, except for "closed circuit racing or off road use only"? I wonder how he skirts that issue?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Chadleys, just wait 3 or 4 weeks, I'm still waiting my exhaust parts... I'll post some picture when my bike"ll be ready !!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
YES !! please keep us posted, that is awesome, I can't wait to see and hopefully hear it .

I know it is a little over the top, but I always thought the 6 outlet Cobras were cool on the F6B's. I'm bummed we won't get those. It may not be too difficult to modify those for a 14 Valkyrie, though. Somebody should try that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roger sorry but my French is a little weak, like I don't understand anything. Which Torq Master exhaust did you order?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi,
So I order - and just received - the "torq loopz" . Available on this website : torqmasterpipes.com
Enjoy
Best regards

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Roger just to be clear you do have the F6C not the F6B? and did torqmasters state that they will have pipes for the Valkyrie? I spoke with them and got the impression that they are not making pipes for the Valkyrie.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Exact, I've got the Valkyrie (f6c in Europe) and I'll try to install this parts (torq loopz) made for the f6b ; I don't know yet if it will fit but... I hope

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If someone is in the Virginia Beach Va. area with the 6X6 cobra pipes and willing to let me try to hang one on the right side of my Valkyrie we can find out real easy. wouldn't take 20 mins. I'm thinking cut them off shorter and relocate the hanger or just modify it. Of course we would do any of that on the dry run, would just see if they line up at all.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think the Valkyrie muffler are a nice improvement over the GoldWing and F6B. A lot of engineering design work went into the. I think 10 different designs were tested. I think they could use a little more sound and possibly just removing the cats will be the perfect set of pipes. Roger, maybe you could get a video/sound clip of before and after installing the loops. That would be nice. I'm also considering making a set of H pipes to replace the cats. The H pipe would be a bolt on replacement of the cats like the torque loops but will have straight pipes instead of the loops and include the cross over pipe. The cross over pipe improves torque. That's why Honda put it on there. Removing the cats and keeping the cross over pipe should be the way to go. If more sound is wanted in addition to that, there may be a simple modification to the inlet of the mufflers that can be done. That is to be investigated later.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think the Valkyrie muffler are a nice improvement over the GoldWing and F6B. A lot of engineering design work went into the. I think 10 different designs were tested. I think they could use a little more sound and possibly just removing the cats will be the perfect set of pipes. Roger, maybe you could get a video/sound clip of before and after installing the loops. That would be nice. I'm also considering making a set of H pipes to replace the cats. The H pipe would be a bolt on replacement of the cats like the torque loops but will have straight pipes instead of the loops and include the cross over pipe. The cross over pipe improves torque. That's why Honda put it on there. Removing the cats and keeping the cross over pipe should be the way to go. If more sound is wanted in addition to that, there may be a simple modification to the inlet of the mufflers that can be done. That is to be investigated later.

Hello everybody, I just received the new exhaust (intermediate from Torq Master and muffler from Burshill in U.K.) for my F6c Valkyrie ; tomorrow I'll bring my bike to mecanic garage and...I'll wait to know if all this parts'll fit onto...
So wait and see...

Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hello everybody, I just received the new exhaust (intermediate from Torq Master and muffler from Burshill in U.K.) for my F6c Valkyrie ; tomorrow I'll bring my bike to mecanic garage and...I'll wait to know if all this parts'll fit onto...
So wait and see...

Roger

Attachments

1 - 20 of 35 Posts