Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
the article struck a cord that got me to think about why Im riding a motorcycle and why I would enjoy it more than the comfort of my air conditioned car. at 72 yrs old. Ive ridden bikes off and on for most of my life but never really enjoyed it. Im a private pilot and when I really flew alot in my 20/30s it fullfilled the need to acomplish something special, any way special for me. I tried to get back into flying a few yrs back and it wasnt the same. cost way too much and required that I brush up my understanding of flight rules, things like navigation-communications- flight regs and so on. when I got my bi-anual signed off I didnt fly again and that was 9 yrs ago. Motorcycling fulfills that need to master something that requires a little xtra effort, able to control the bike in what ever enviorment I ride in, heavy traffic, rain, cold. kinda like saling, the captain is responsible for himself and passengers saftey. at my age, tho I ride solo, It doesnt require as much effort as flying but i find it rewarding. I notice the old guys on harleys with the loud pipes, some folks like being on stage and those loud pipes will get u noticed. this is why I love the valkyrie, it is so quite and would smoke most any harley foolish enough to compete with one. to own one and pilot it is the best bike for me ive ever ridden. it is a super bike, more powerful than a locomotive, faster than a speeding bullet, able to leap over tall buildings, at my age it makes me pay attention and is rewarding to just have one. the valkyrie might not be consider so wonderful for a young sport bike guy but bet u money I would be the first on over the finish line in a 700 mile race.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I enjoyed the article - very funny - but couldn't help feeling he was barking up the wrong tree implying that old guys everywhere are taking up riding. Most of course are simply guys who started young and have kept going. Add to that the fact that young guys aren't starting and presto, you end up with an aged rider population. I still think electrics are going to re-balance that somewhat. And autonomous cars. They'll actually make it safer on the road as they don't look at their phones.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts