Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the eBay floorboards and decided I’ll try and make it work. If later on I decide it’s a POS or I just can’t get used to heel/toe shifting, then I’ll remove them. Also, I kept my factory brake pedal because the eBay version is poorly designed. The metal is too thin where it is bolted and the spline is just a hair too small in diameter; SNAP... it broke easily. I can’t imagine if it was on and I would have to brake hard in an emergency that it would break right off. The shifter side floorboard appears to be fine, but the brake side floorboard was canted too low like it was sagging and the ball detent keep popping out. I tried a few things to try and make it work and managed to get the ball detent back in and I had to use two bolts underneath to raise the floorboard up where it would be parallel to the ground, but instead it’s just a hair tilted up past parallel. I’ll update how it rides in a few weeks.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Just installed the eBay floorboards and decided I’ll try and make it work. If later on I decide it’s a POS or I just can’t get used to heel/toe shifting, then I’ll remove them. Also, I kept my factory brake pedal because the eBay version is poorly designed. The metal is too thin where it is bolted and the spline is just a hair too small in diameter; SNAP... it broke easily. I can’t imagine if it was on and I would have to brake hard in an emergency that it would break right off. The shifter side floorboard appears to be fine, but the brake side floorboard was canted too low like it was sagging and the ball detent keep popping out. I tried a few things to try and make it work and managed to get the ball detent back in and I had to use two bolts underneath to raise the floorboard up where it would be parallel to the ground, but instead it’s just a hair tilted up past parallel. I’ll update how it rides in a few weeks. View attachment 12386 View attachment 12387 View attachment 12388 View attachment 12389 View attachment 12390
Well they certainly look sharp! Keep us posted on your review especially regarding ground clearance/cornering.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts