Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see what kind of driver's backrest everyone else is using.... I've looked at the Utopia backrest (don't like that I have to cut into the rear seat cover) & the Bakup backrest (over-priced). Curious to see what people are using.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am using a Corbin backrest for a Corbin seat. Much love goes to them.
Which Corbin seat, i.e, dual touring, or gunfighter, or ?, and which backrest, there are about 3 or 4 different ones, depending on the type of seat. I love my Corbin bags and dual touring seat, but the large ovalback not so much, especially for the price. I might have to install handlebar risers to get the right fit. If I were doing it again, I'd make sure I picked a seat and backrest combination that has forward adjustment range and Corbin's spring fold-down mechanism shown on their web site. Also terribly disappointed that they never responded to either of my 2 post purchase inquiries.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree that it is too expensive. I got lucky that it, along with 3 other accessories were installed and included in the purchase price of my Valk when I bought it second hand. I’m glad it came though. It’s heated and very comfortable.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I agree the Corbin seat is expensive .. but for me it's worth every penny. I wouldn't ride this bike if it still had the stock seat. The thing was painful to ride.
I have the dual touring btw. And I just received the backrest from corbin, the one with the little glovebox on it.. nice addition. Great for gloves, phone .. small stuff. Painted the same as the bike so it looks nice on there.
Mounted it on the pillion seat and will have to get their plain backrest for me to use after I get the handlebar/windshield issue straightened out.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Which Corbin seat, i.e, dual touring, or gunfighter, or ?, and which backrest, there are about 3 or 4 different ones, depending on the type of seat. I love my Corbin bags and dual touring seat, but the large ovalback not so much, especially for the price. I might have to install handlebar risers to get the right fit. If I were doing it again, I'd make sure I picked a seat and backrest combination that has forward adjustment range and Corbin's spring fold-down mechanism shown on their web site. Also terribly disappointed that they never responded to either of my 2 post purchase inquiries.

Dual Touring Saddle plus the Large Oval Back. Honestly I think the Oval Back looks kinda weird but I have a seat bag up against it so not an issue and I find it suits me nicely. Very pricey in Australia but for me well worth it and no buyers remorse.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the Corbin dual tour seat and I tried a cheap knockoff backrest from Ebay. It was absolute junk and I threw it away.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How about the Utopia Backrest

Didn't see anyone mention the Utopia backrest on this thread. Looks like a good alternative but wondering what folks that have it think about it?

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
222 Posts
Been thinking about this setup with an air hawk for longer rides this is the Utopia mounted on a Valk from their website Probably have to find an upholstery shop to do the mods to the seat pan and then I’d need to know how easy it would be remove that to strap on the air hawk... but its under consideration

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts