Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finding nothing using search I was hopeing to learn about options that have been tried for floorboards for the driver. Does anyone have them installed and any feedback? I would like them but wonder about the shifter location having a negative effect

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got my F6C used last year and it had Kury Mini Floor Boards on it. They are adjustable (forward or rear with 3 positions) but I prefer pegs and took em off. But, I rode it a few hundred miles with them on and they seemed ok.

The ones I have are similar to these, but mine do not have the lowering adapters (which might impact shifter or brake adjustments but you could likely adjust those levers to accommodate if needed).

https://www.jpcycles.com/product/zz...VPpA9-VM2uOmloza5KBOi11N2fUcOyORoC3_MQAvD_BwE

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Premium Black Floorboards that can flip up, but I also have the Kuryakyn heel-toe shifter as well. I don't think any floorboard will work with out a heel-toe shifter. Not enough room to get your toe under the shifter. The brake works great, but I did have to move it up a notch.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What is your opinion of the heal toe shifter. I was concerned about added slop with that setup but at the same time want something like that. These are what got me interested in floorboards

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn Premium Black Floorboards that can flip up, but I also have the Kuryakyn heel-toe shifter as well. I don't think any floorboard will work with out a heel-toe shifter. Not enough room to get your toe under the shifter. The brake works great, but I did have to move it up a notch.
No, the Kury mini floor boards do work, and quite well, even without the heel - toe shifer. I had them on the middle setting riding the bike home and could just barely get my toe on the shifter, but when I took them off I noticed the adjustment to move them back about an inch or better. They provide enough room to get your feet support to move around, without having that heel-toe shifter to restrict movement or cause accidental shifting. I just removed em because I wanted pegs after having floorboards for soo long.

·
Registered
403 Posts
What is your opinion of the heal toe shifter. I was concerned about added slop with that setup but at the same time want something like that. These are what got me interested in floorboards
I put on the heel-toe shifter right after I bought the bike. I love them. I had one on my 99 IS as well. I have never done an accidental shift, but I have had a few miss shifts because I didn't press down hard enough when up shifting.
Those ones are a nice set, but I wanted something that flips up, so that I can get my feet closer to the bike when I have to back it up.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh crap I didn’t even think about folding up thanks for pointing that out. I’m going to check out Kury

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a question for folks with the heel toe shifter. I can’t tell if the height of the toe shift is adjustable and if not is it high enough to use the toe shift with floorboards while wearing boots

·
Registered
61 Posts
Can you say what make/brand these are and where you can purchase them?
Thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I tried to put the toe of my boot under the front of the heel-toe shifter, but it didn't fit. Maybe if I tilted the floorboards down, but then up shifting with my heel wouldn't work too well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that Picture answers a lot of questions. Thanks bscrive. I had the same set on my CTX700N. The ones I’m considering are Kuryakyn knock off they are on eBay and Amazon for about. 200. heal toe shift and they do fold up. I may be the guinea pig and pick up a set.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I picked up a used set of Kuryakyn floorboards with brake pedal and heel toe shifter. They do bolt right on to the F6c. After a ride it became obvious to me that I don’t really like the heal toe shifter. They don’t look like they fold up but they do. I’m back to stock and will post these for sale. Next will be the Kuryakyn boards with the 3/4” drop.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I picked up a used set of Kuryakyn floorboards with brake pedal and heel toe shifter. They do bolt right on to the F6c. After a ride it became obvious to me that I don’t really like the heal toe shifter. They don’t look like they fold up but they do. I’m back to stock and will post these for sale. Next will be the Kuryakyn boards with the 3/4” drop.
I don't like the idea of a heel/toe shifter, I think it would just confuse me. I do like the idea of a floorboard, can you install this without the heel shifter without issues, or would it not work with the standard shifter? Is that why you're wanting one with a 3/4" drop?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
These won’t work without the heel toe shifter. I think the drop version will help with the stock shifter I’m not positive but am willing to lose and spend a little to find out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts