Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Did you have a old Valk?

4K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  hitchet.com 
#1 ·
How many members here have also owned the older Valkyrie?
I had a 98 Touer which I bought new.
And a 99 Interstate (used)
I loved both of them but sold them a few years ago.

#3 ·
I when from my 2 Valk's to a F6B I was thinking about keeping the Interstate but after riding the F6B I didn't want to ride the old Valk anymore it felt like a tractor compared to my F6B.
I still love the old Valkyrie's I think it's one of the best looking Motorcycle's ever made.
They were fast and handled very well but not like the F6B or new Valkyrie.
I only had the new Valk for 7 weeks so far it's a great riding bike. I plan on keeping both bikes but the F6B will be my long distance choice.

#7 ·
JackB I think you are uniquely qualified to answer a question probably many of us have... so those bikes are 90 lbs different in weight and the whole concept of these 1800 Valks were drop 90(F6B) to 150(GL1800) LBS off the bikes and lets see what happens... so with that minus 90 how much "in the seat of the pants" power/acceleration do you notice?

#9 ·

I'm not a guy the gives full throttle too offen but yes the Valkyrie feels much faster by a lot. But when I move them around in the garage the Valkyrie feels heavier than the F6B and that's because the gas tank is under the seat on the B.
Both are great bikes you can't go wrong with either one. But they are different. I love both of them.

#14 ·
I have a 2000 Std I bought new in 2001. I wanted a larger bike that could handle larger rider/ passenger combo comfortably and still provide good performance. Once you get used to it you can throw it around pretty easily but not as easily as the 1800. I was a sport bike rider before the Valk and would have preferred the current 1800 if it had been available back then. The old Valk is a real looker compared to the 1800 but the maintenance and carbs are getting tiresome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.