Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
I bought my Valk last spring with $thousands in upgrades including the Torquemasters. I like the sound and it's definitely throatier than stock, but not as throaty as a large V-twin such as my VTX1800. Still, it sounds good to me.

I think I've shared this story. During my inaugural group ride with my Valk, we stopped for gas and my buddies were commenting on the unconventional sound my bike. One said it sounds like a smallblock V6 (ala, the older Mustangs). Another said it sounds like a motor boat. Right then, I new the name for my bike... Jenny!

"That's ma bike."

View attachment 12880
I hope "Jen-Nay" is truer to you than she was to Forrest throughout her life! :cool::p

Richmonder

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone have any luck with an aftermarket exhaust to produce a deeper sound? I've also heard of drilling but where? Any videos out there?
I JUST ordered Freedom Performance pipes. On youtube (Aaron Winters vid) they sound throaty but not loud ... nor do they drone (according to Martin at Freedom Perf). I should know first hand in 5 weeks. They are slipons ... only 2 bolts each side supposedly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just drilled mine today, I’ve had the Valk since new and it seems the exhaust slowly mellows with age. I was beginning to like mine but had a spare set of oem pipes so I thought I’d give it a shot. To be honest not a huge difference to me in deep ness. Sounds a little tinny and hollow. Gonna ride it for a while and see if it grows on me. Did get a compliment at a red life, nice bike…
Mornin, friend. I just ordered Freedom Performance slip ons. Pretty excited. 5 weeks away

21 - 26 of 26 Posts