Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
55 degrees as I backed out of the garage at 10.30 a.m.

Heavy coat on. Heavy gloves. Dumbass. I had to take the liner out once I was riding at a lower elevation. AND I left my lighter weight gloves in the garage. Hot, moist hands all day.

Deals Gap was busy. Lots of foreign accents. Canadian, Spanish, Italian, Florida.

The western end of the Foothills Parkway has been repaved and the construction work is nearly finished apart for a traffic light controlled short section of bridge work.

Many of the overlooks have been enlarged.

GSMNP was slammed. Doesn't anyone have to work anymore?

Home at 5.

Beautiful weather.

Relive 'Deals Gap, Foothills Pkwy loop'

Some photos not in the Relive replay.

Fontana Lake

Fontana Dam.

Look Rock Overlook

20 cents cheaper than home in Townsend TN

Mile High Overlook just off the BRP.

·
Super Moderator
927 Posts
Magnificent! Funny how we have come to enjoy even the slightest dip in the gas price from recent highs and it feels like a deal. And I agree - doesn't anyone work anymore? I go to Costco during the week to avoid the weekend crowds, and it barely matters. There are always tons of people there. As to the gloves and jacket, it's hard to select gear when the temps vary so much throughout the day. Neither extreme is comfortable. But if I had to choose, I'd pick the heat, because once your fingers get cold, it can become barely possible to work the clutch and brake.

Great pics!

Richmonder

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
55 degrees as I backed out of the garage at 10.30 a.m.

Heavy coat on. Heavy gloves. Dumbass. I had to take the liner out once I was riding at a lower elevation. AND I left my lighter weight gloves in the garage. Hot, moist hands all day.

Deals Gap was busy. Lots of foreign accents. Canadian, Spanish, Italian, Florida.

The western end of the Foothills Parkway has been repaved and the construction work is nearly finished apart for a traffic light controlled short section of bridge work.

Many of the overlooks have been enlarged.

GSMNP was slammed. Doesn't anyone have to work anymore?

Home at 5.

Beautiful weather.

Relive 'Deals Gap, Foothills Pkwy loop'

Some photos not in the Relive replay.

Fontana Lake

Fontana Dam.

Look Rock Overlook

20 cents cheaper than home in Townsend TN

Mile High Overlook just off the BRP.

Looks like fun. Nice pics. Does your batwing help keep the cold air off your hands?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like fun. Nice pics. Does your batwing help keep the cold air off your hands?
Yes it does. Plus the bug deflectors, heated grips and gloves.

it came on the bike.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
Yes it does. Plus the bug deflectors, heated grips and gloves.

it came on the bike.

Thanks, I just ordered one. I'll let you know how it works out. Appreciate it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts