Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great bike week in Daytona this year. Since 1979, I think I have all except one year. This year was perfect weather, even better than was forecast. Everyday was mostly sunny and mid to upper 80's. Here are a few pics.

On the beach:

Day trip to Titusville's Space Coast for an air show.

Got to put me know down in the corner just a bit.

Refreshment time in Flaggler Beach

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just cruising on Hwy 1 south to New Smyrna for dinner.

Put the Saddleman rear bag on for a day trip to St. Augustine for lunch.

St. Augustine, the oldest city in N. America. Really beautiful.

Aboard Capt. Daddy's river boat for more refreshments

Tacos on Beach Street

Taylor served up some cold beer and got her picture on the Valkyrie

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What windscreen do you have on the bike?
That is the Vario universal for naked sport bikes made by MRA in Germany.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/mra-...es-cruisers-enduro-and-dual-sport-motorcycles

I gave a write up on it under accessories.

I ran into the team from Twisted Throttle over at Daytona Speedway. They are a good group. I had wanted a smoke gray deflector instead of clear and they said they would ship me one this week at no charge. Very professional company. They had never sold the Vario screen for a Valkyrie and wanted me to leave it at their tent for display while I toured the other vendors. They took several pictures of how I mounted it. For such a small screen, it does an amazing job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you very much for the info I think it looks great and the best middle ground windscreen I have seen for the Valk that keeps the naked look. I have the Blue bike so I want to also try and keep this black. How painful was the install? I wonder if I can order it with the smoke screen instead of clear.

Thanks again!
Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
Two last questions.... What Mounting Kit did you get for the install?

Did you see many other of the new Valks at Daytona? I sort of like that its not a dime a dozen kind of bike though finding accessories that fit. :)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The install is super easy. Very nicely engineered product. Yes you can get smoke tint for the screen and/or deflector. The clear screen the smoke gray screens are in stock. The gloss black screens must the made to order and takes about 6 weeks to ship.

you need the mounting kit for the 1" bars. Just get the standard (short) version. You will have to cut the mounting rods to only about 3-4 inches anyway.

I did not see any other new Valkyries anywhere.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just got the gloss black here direct from Germany for just over $150 with the mounting kit. Pretty good deal, better than twisted or amazon and when I called twisted they said 5-6 weeks to get it from Germany (gloss black), this german site said it would ship tomorrow (gloss black) when I e-mailed with them about an issue with my email account at registering so I think this is the "source" or closer to it. http://www.windshield-shop.com/Windshield_Type/8905__Vario_Touring_Screen_for_Naked_Bikes.html

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
By the way and sorry if you mentioned this elsewhere but what are the custom mirrors you've installed?
got them on E-bay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Univers...del:Valkyrie+1800&hash=item418a056926&vxp=mtr

pros & cons:

Pros: Light weight billet aluminum. Very adjustable. The look I wanted. Inexpensive.

Cons: The clarity and visibility is not as good as the factory glass. These are not glass, they are Acrylic . It's OK but not great. The factory mirrors are very good mirrors.

·
Registered
30 Posts
grate piks and video ,thanks and im in the same deal tride to regester 5 times and it never gos through i just got my new red f6c sat.this is my 57th bike ive owend and love it so far.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i got that off ebay for a harley fat bob they have 2 head lights so i had to get a sheld eith a flat bottom,and it worked grate so i had that sheld put up and tride it on my new f6c and it went on grate, very easy to in stall.you can go to ebay and look for atv wind shelds it will coast 80 t0 100 dollars free shiping.i leand it forward so i could look just over the top.but you can put it up higher if you dont mind looking through it,i like it a lot and not oo much money for the sheld here is the only pik i have of it on my harley fat bob.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Napped, So I have the shield installed but I am having to adjust the arms so the front turn signals show... In your pics it looks like yours are covered....?

·
Registered
30 Posts
:)yesmine looks covered but from the front with the blinkers on you can still see a sliver of the single from the front so its still good.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Has anyone ever tried to trim one of these? And if so with what? And if you would suggest taking somewhere, just a regular glass shop?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts