Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Glad your okay, could've been worse. A good visual reminder for others. Looks like a lot of excess sloppy tar was applied. I haven't seen them as thick and gooey down here in the flat lands.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dabbing a foot down on these big bikes is very dangerous.

Get the foot peg behind the leg and it's easy to have a very bad break.

I know it's kinds of an automatic response but....................

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks Man! I thought about calling the Colorado Department of Transportation, but the speed limit in this area is 30 mph and I'm pretty sure I was doing a little over 40. Doubtful 10 mph would have been enough to make a difference though. I actually think the extra speed may have even saved me from completely losing control. Something to ponder. Anyway, this one is in the books and if my video helps one other rider, it's worth it.
Yes absolutely...if it helps one other rider, it's worth it. Tar snakes are not as large as the Python's here in Florida, but they can still take you down and cause pain and damage.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dabbing a foot down on these big bikes is very dangerous.

Get the foot peg behind the leg and it's easy to have a very bad break.

I know it's kinds of an automatic response but....................
I have floorboards on my bike for that very reason and you're right it was an automatic response which I was grateful for. It righted the bike and prevented me from laying it down. Seems like a little wear and tear on my boot and toe was a better option than sliding across the pavement. I did that once on an oil slick years ago and it was not fun.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats a pucker moment for sure, glad it was nothing more than a scary moment.
I will say this, and I'm not blaming anything (not blaming the bike) but I did notice that the Valk is very sensitive to tar-snakes.

I don't know why, maybe its the geometry, or the tires, but the Valk is sensitive. A friend of mine rode my bike and said the same thing. (I have a lot of tar snakes in my area)

My valk is the 16th bike I've owned in my decades of riding, and I don't remember another bike that was that prone to following tar-snakes. I've owned the 1st gen Valk, and I don't remember it being overly sensitive.

Again I'm not blaming the bike, I love the Valk, its just a characteristic trait of the bike, and I know to be aware of it when riding.

I'm cursious, which tires Ride-of-the-Valkyrie are you using on your bike? (I'm hoping its a bit of tire thing, so maybe a tire change will help)

Tazmool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts