Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy,

Over the winter, I'd like to black out that chrome honda logo on the cylinder heads (the one right in the middle of the head)

Has anyone done this?
If so, how?

That center piece seems to be just plastic, how is it held down? 2 sided tape?

To black it out, how was the embossed HONDA filled in?
What did you use to black it out? (paint? replaced with something?)

Any photos of the completed job?

Thanks!
Tazmool

·
Registered
263 Posts
I, too, have modified my bike such that the word "HONDA", nor any red-winged reference, does not appear anywhere on the exterior of the bike. Don't misunderstand, I have nothing against them personally, but I have thoroughly enjoyed people coming up to the bike, studying it for awhile, and coming away not knowing what it is until I tell them, "It's a Valkyrie". As to your specific question, I wondered how I would go about it along the lines you posed and Rivco Aero highway pegs solved my problem beautifully. I know I've talked about them before and really like them, but I swear I'm not making a commission. You can get your choice of finish (black, brushed aluminum like mine, or chrome, I think. Maybe not chrome.) The HONDA cylinder head bars come off with a heat gun and gentle prying. The replacement bars, in your choice of finish, do not replicate the HONDA name. They are blank. Problem solved! Brings the word "stealth" to a new level. I've had people guess BMW, a custom one-off bike (as they'd never seen one before), or even HD, but few guess Honda unless they already know.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Take it off and have it painted or ceramic coated.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I removed mine with little effort and plastic trim tools from Harbor Freight, no heat was required for mine. They were replaced with Chrome Rivco Aeropegs. I can not bring myself to remove chrome on a motorcycle and not replace it with chrome.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info everyone,

I see that I'm not the only one that wants to debadge the bike, nothing against the make (love Honda, had many Honda motorcycles) but I like having a uniqe machine that people don't know what it is! And I think the Valk looks pretty bad-ass all debaged.

I like the Rivco peg option, but it is pricey... I'll have to think about it....

I'll see about pulling and painting the oem part first, and see how it goes from there.

Tazmool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts