Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a good source for someone that can make a custom backrest for a Corbin Gunfighter? I have the stock backrest but it's too tall for me to really get my leg over. I have some back issues that prevent me from stepping through over the seat. It is 9 inches tall and I think I really only need 3 or 4 inches tall. The shortest I could find on the web is 7 inches. Any ideas? Or if you know of any links to some, please post them here. Here is what I have. Just too tall. Width of 11 inches isn't an issue for me.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like I will probably have to try to make something myself. I found a stem for $38 and some pads for about $30. I am still looking for a different stem. Something that folds forward would be nice. But if I can find a 4" pad, I may not need it to fold.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Have you tried standing farther forward with your left foot when you get on and off so you can swing your right foot over the lowest part (i.e. the rider's seat) instead of up over the back rest?

Having the bars turned hard to the right makes that move even easier.

I found it worked for me when I had this set-up for a long ride.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will give that a try tomorrow maybe. I am not sure my back will let me do it, but its worth a shot. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My back gives me trouble also. Sometimes i mount the bike by standing on the left foot peg to give me more height. Works realy well on centerstand.

·
Registered
180 Posts
SWAGFU a question you have the gunfighter... that's a fairly high back seat BEFORE the backrest... if you bought the regular tour seat with the corbin back rest might that be just right? You live near Corbin I'm sure they'd let you demo it then you could, I dunno sell the custom gunfighter to someone on this forum (ahem)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SWAGFU a question you have the gunfighter... that's a fairly high back seat BEFORE the backrest... if you bought the regular tour seat with the corbin back rest might that be just right? You live near Corbin I'm sure they'd let you demo it then you could, I dunno sell the custom gunfighter to someone on this forum (ahem)

LOL, I like your effort. I thought about that but I love the gunfighter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts