Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy Joe sent me these pictures today.

I'll send him a link to this thread so he can fill us in on the details.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the F6b pipes from the local Honda dealer. He sold them to me for the same price
As --wingstuff--had them on sale for plus tax. $723.53.
My nephew did the fabricating, don,t know how much that will be.
I don,t know how to post on the forum. If I cain,t fihure it out, I will send it to Xyzzy.

·
Registered
374 Posts
So how do we get a set of theses? order them from Cobra and send them to your nephew?
What does the fabrication consist of? is it something anyone can do or do you need to be able to weld?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Uncle Joe,
I looks to me on the video and pics, like the exhaust is out away from the bike slightly more than the stock exhaust. I understand this could be just an illusion. Would you say that the muffler pipes are any further out than the stock one ? Would it be enough to cut down on ground clearance in any way ?
I am really interested in this setup, I knew someone would try it before long (modifying the f6b Cobra exhaust), since Cobra won't make one for the Goldwing Valkyries. Thanks for posting up about it, and letting us check it out.
They sound cool on the video, you could only hear one tiniest of hiccups on the big deceleration, and that is better than most aftermarket exhaust systems.
Excellent.

-Chadley

·
Registered
222 Posts
That is nice work, Uncle Joe!

Aftermarket guys need to get to work.

What wold be sweet would be a complete system: Stainless (or even Titanium) headers, No Cats, and dual mufflers with multiple baffle choices. Maybe a little shorter than stock would look good.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Two Brothers exhaust had a set of pipes for the first Valkyrie 1500. I had two sets one with baffles and one without. Came with headers and two cans, one for each side. The pipes did blue on the headers because they were single wall, but they breathed much better.

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
Uncle Joe you fall off the planet? any word on if that pipe set up is going to be available for anyone else? I'd be really interested on a price?

·
Registered
9 Posts
surfndad. Bamabert posted all the pictures he had when he got his pipes done. The guy here in Olive Branch is the only one who has taken the cobra f6b pipes and reworked them to fit the f6c. ' I can give you his e mail address and you can contact him. His name Is Marty Sweatt e-mail [email protected].

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's crazy.. why are the manufacturers so against this awesome bike? I'm planning on getting one but the lack of aftermarket options are a bit disheartening. I probably will still get one. I saw a post in a forum about drilling through the baffles in two of the pipes that apparently don't work on each side. May give it a go if the stock pipes are too quiet for me. I also only saw one set of locking saddlebags by Corbin. I was hoping to find some big enough to a helmet and it doesn't look like the opening is big enough on the Corbin hard bags.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I completely understand. Lack of aftermarket support is one of the main reasons I've never really got into this particular model. It's literally the first bike I've ever owned where my options are: stock or OEM Honda accessories (excluding Corbin's bags and Torq Master's pipes with no PCV support for mapping).

Manufacturers aren't "against" it as much as they're "for profit." What's the point in spending a ton of money developing and producing a product for a bike that there simply aren't that many of? I wouldn't do it either and I can't blame them. I just wasn't expecting Valkyrie sales to be this low. You wouldn't even have the one exhaust option if it wasn't for one of this forum's members taking it upon himself to get the ball rolling.

I have the type of personality where stock just doesn't do it for me and I've had a hard time coming to terms with the Valkyrie........

1 - 20 of 30 Posts