Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found one on the VRCC Forum, then found another by chance while riding last weekend at a gas stop. Guy walks up to me to talk about the bike. He just sold his Valkyrie and offered his new in the box Corbin with backrests for a deal too good to be true. I had a verbal deal with the seat on the VRCC forum and would have kept my word and bought it, but received a message here from someone else looking for the same. I referred him to the first deal and bought the local one. I simply put out a "Wanted" add here and on the VRCC and had several offers in two days. I also searched Craig's List and eBay without luck. Funny thing is I had just had a custom seat built a week ago. Now it's test time, see what works best for me. Good Luck

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All cleaned up, shoe polished, leather conditioner and then soak for a day with Mink oil for extra conditioning and waterproofing. Almost good as new. I'll be selling the Corbin Oval backrest and replacing with the Corbin pad that mounts directly to my OEM Honda backrest. First ride, feels hard and harder than I like, although no hotspots and no numb tailbone. My wife likes it, roughly 5" wider than the OEM pillion and slightly cupped improves passenger comfort.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
All cleaned up, shoe polished, leather conditioner and then soak for a day with Mink oil for extra conditioning and waterproofing. Almost good as new. I'll be selling the Corbin Oval backrest and replacing with the Corbin pad that mounts directly to my OEM Honda backrest. First ride, feels hard and harder than I like, although no hotspots and no numb tailbone. My wife likes it, roughly 5" wider than the OEM pillion and slightly cupped improves passenger comfort.
View attachment 12492
Have you had a chance to ride with the Corbin? I know one thing for sure the stock Honda seat is awful.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As a FYI Corbin says it will take 2500 miles of riding to fully break in
I scored mine used, PO same height and close and weight with 4k miles so it should be broke in. I stole this seat with two back rests.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts