Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

corbin saddle bags

12K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  BobMoe 
#1 ·
has any one bought the corbin bags for a Valkyrie ? at $2,200 they seem high wondering if they are worth the money

#2 ·
I have them on my 2014 Valkyrie. They were on it when I bought it. They look like they were made for it. Most people comment that when they thought they were factory. I have had many bikes with Corbin bags including two early Valkyries with Corbin Beetle bags. The Stateline Corbin bags do not hold near the amount of cargo that the earlier Beetle bags did and the openings are much smaller and oddly shaped. I can not even put my shorty helmet in it. That being said there are not many choices out there. The factory leather bags look like they were just stuck on there. I have seen others adapt aftermarket saddle bags to fit the new Valkyrie including a set of factory early Valk Tourer bags. None look as good as the Corbin Stateline bags in my opinion. I also have an F6B so if I need more cargo capacity I will drive it. The Stateline bags work fine for what I use it for. Riding all day it holds anything else I need it to including my leather jacket. You need to determine if it is worth the $2200. for you. I bought the bike with 7K on the clock with factory Honda windshield, Corbin bags and seat and lots of other extras including a new set of Metzler 880's for $8K so it was definitely worth it for me.

#3 ·
My 2014 Valkyrie also came with the Corbin saddlebags. They are well made and indeed look as if they were OEM parts. The fit and finish is quite good and I can only think of two complaints - 1. The openings to the bags are smaller than I’m used to with other saddlebags and they limit what can be carried. 2. The fasteners for the door hinges periodically work loose and must be re-torqued. Due to past experience with plastic exposed to thread locking products, I’m reluctant to apply it to the hinge fasteners. Their capacity is less than I was used to on older airhead BMW’s and my previous Honda ST1300 but they’re still quite useful.

The bags are expensive and not the most useful bags I’ve ever had. Nothing is perfect and I’ve spent lots of money on motorcycle accessories over the decades. I would probably purchase the bags if I were to start out with another Valkyrie. I’m not aware of any alternative that would interest me.

#4 ·
I bought the Corbin Fleetliner aka "Beetle bags" for mine for about $1800
https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2014/12/17/corbin-fleetliner-saddlebags-2014-honda-valkyrie/

My last bike had lockable leatherlyke bags that I thought were quite good, but these are MUCH more solid and many admirers are shocked that they fit that well and are not OEM. The heavy duty locks are obviously premium level, and I agree the drawbacks are price and the small size of the opening, versus the OEM bags on the F6B. Also, given the price, I have one more reason to cringe about the possibility of laying it down without any guards on it like on many Harleys. These bags are also on the heavy side.

Attachments

#6 ·
I have a set of bags off a 99 Valkyrie Interstate. The cost of the Corbins is one reason why I decided to go my way. Especially, when I live in Canada and the exchange rate makes it even more expensive. My bags only cost me $700 as opposed to $2200. It was a no brainer. The Corbins do look great, but the small size is the another reason I went with the Honda bags. The Valk bags look good as well and actually match the lines of the bike. Plus, I can fit a lot of stuff in them.

#8 ·
I just added the Corbin Fleetliner bags and I'm very happy with the quality and look of their product. Storage isn't great but it's more than enough for rain gear, etc. I have a Corbin tour seat coming next week as well. In addition, I changed the rear shock out to a Traxxion Dynamics shock. Made a big improvement in the ride of the bike.

Attachments

#9 ·
They look GREAT!! Wish they weren't so expensive. I bought the Honda bags for mine and haven't put them on yet. What is that bag on the passenger seat? How is it affixed?

Richmonder

#15 ·
FlatSix, your bike and those bags look awesome!!!! They really did a great job of color matching. They look stock. Love that color.

Richmonder

#16 ·
I got the Corbin hard bags and they look great themselves. And as long as you don't compare the heights from the back left to right. I am not impressed with the before or after sales support and service. I ordered them and checked back a week later as I heard nothing from them. They said someone forgot to enter the order but it was on file just had not been flipped. Once I got bags and spent 3 hours tearing down the bike and installing the brackets. The bags would not fit on the left side because the bracket was made two small to fit the bag. I ended up spending an extra hour reworking the bracket to get the bag to fit. Now the left side is a half inch higher than the right side. I contacted Corbin about sending a new bracket and like with the oringal order I have not heard a thing from them.
The bags are installed and look nice but I can see the left turn signal is being pushed up by the bag.. I am not very happy with Corbin's customer service. Plus NO REFUNDS OF ANY KIND POLICY!
My guess is I will have to remove the bracket and heat it up and bend it another half inch down on my own.
The price was extreme and the customer service sucks and workmanship was not up to what I expected from such a big name in custom motorcycle parts.
I do not expect to get any help of any kind from them.
Purchase at your own risk.
I'm posting some images. I plan to take it back apart in the next week or two and fix it right with or without Corbin's help.

Attachments

#17 ·
Sorry to hear of your troubles with these. Aside from the installation issues and the ultimate "less than perfect" fitment, they look great! But that turn signal is going to wear on the bag, and vice versa, over time as the bike moves during riding. I know how frustrating that is after spending $2,000 on those. I'd be pretty unhappy. Good luck!

Richmonder

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.