Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I found a dealer with a new '14 GL1800CE for $11K. I have not had a chance to speak with the dealership, but will inquire if this model has ABS, something I'd like on my next bike. I've test rode a Triumph Rocket III Touring and a Moto Guzzi 1400 California Touring. I've had Guzzis before and I'm partial to the brand, but not the cost of maintenance and questionable reliability. The R3T was okay, I didn't care for the poor slow speed handling and riding position was not ideal for me. I need a solid commuter bike that could also be used for occasional touring, sometimes 2-up.
A few questions:
- Can the Valkyrie accept a trailer hitch? I plan on buying a Uni-go trailer.
- Is there an aftermarket windscreen? Any comments on buffeting?
- Welcome any insight on the '14 Valkyrie. I recently sold my BMW K1200LT so I'm accustomed to a large bike. Appreciate the assistance!
Scott

·
Registered
216 Posts
As far as I know, there is no hitch for the Valkyrie. The Goldwing hitch mounts to the inside of the rear fender and on the OEM saddlebag support brackets that mount to the frame. So I doubt you could even modify a Goldwing hitch (well, without a ton of modification) to fit the Valkyrie.

There are some aftermarket windshields that people have installed on the Valkyrie with varying degrees of modification.

The OEM windshield seems to function fine to me. I get no buffeting and it's a good height (I'm 6'0"). I dislike all the vibration you get on the highway from it's handlebar mount design but...... you take what you can get.

·
Registered
268 Posts
At that price, you're probably not getting the ABS model. MSRP for it is about 1k higher and it's only available on the black model.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would get it at that price. I paid 11,5 for mine with 9000 miles. Mine had new tires, Honda saddlebags, boulevard windshield, led's on the sides and service manual.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Or you could spent slightly more, get an F6B, have basically the same performance, and have a ton of aftermarket options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts