Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I am finally getting ready to pull the trigger on a Valkyrie and I have the colors narrowed down to blue and the dark metallic red, but what color is the dark metallic red? Color being subjective, is it closer to burgundy or wine red? I have searched through a ton of pictures and still cannot figure out what color this bike is.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

This is a pic a dealership sent me on a nice deal they have on a dark red one. This picture makes me think it's closer to a black cherry, which Honda made in the 2000's for their vtx bikes, almost bought a 1300 in black cherry but settled on pearl white instead. Stupid silly question, but I'm hung up on what color this is, not really wanting it to be burgundy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still think the dark red looks more black cherry, regardless, it's the second choice 馃榿

This was more in jest than serious, but I was curious what others thought that dark red color is. My bike is a very loud red right now. While I enjoy it, I am leaning toward blue on the valk, I love the blacked out parts. I will say the red ones posted here does make a case for that color! 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe the dark red metallic was a factory option in 2014 but not 2015. 2015 the red changed to the red you speak of. As always, color options could differ depending on country as well.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm kind of leaning towards blue, I found one, a bit high on the price of you ask me, but it's not too far from me. Just need to get my bike sold 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Has around 5k miles on it, I think its around 4700 but I do not recall off the top of my head. The sellers wants 13k. Bike is not bone stock, has a real ugly windshield and highway pegs, and that's it. A dark red metallic, from the dealership that sent me that pic I posted, is around the same mileage, dealership wants under 11k, and theres has the corbin seat with passenger backrest, and a better looking windshield, but still ugly. So it's good to have choices...sort of.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are the stock seats that bad? I definitely plan to replace the stocker, the idea is my wife will be riding with me more on this one and she's not gonna be happy with an uncomfortable seat. I was thinking the seller with the blue bike needs to come down to 10. I have found a black 2014, little further away but not bad, bone stock outside of highway pegs, has 1900 miles, sellers wants 9500, I just am not big on black. Got a few options to poke my head at at least.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts