Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw2riPpJZmZyAUhotHLatCbG&cf=1

This article references "clutchless upshifting". I've only had one motorcycle in my life that had clutchless upshifting, that being my Honda Z50A which didn't have a clutch. It has always been my understanding that if you have a clutch, you use it. Since when do you shift up OR down without using the clutch? I was taught if you didn't use the clutch, you'd damage the transmission, and I can't even see myself trying this. Hearing gears grinding is not music to my ears, and I really don't want my oil supply riddled with metal shavings.

What am I missing here? Does anybody actually shift clutchlessly?

Richmonder

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
256 Posts
One thing to consider.. and you will notice this on you 1st ride this bike has some hellified engine braking, none of my other bikes were like this I hardly ever brake going into a turn i just roll off the throttle... I think its one of the engines cooler features

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've read that on several reviews how the downshifting makes the tire skip sometimes. I will have some "gettin' used to" to do!

Richmonder

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've read that on several reviews how the downshifting makes the tire skip sometimes. I will have some "gettin' used to" to do!

Richmonder
Leading the downshift with a big blurp of the throttle avoids that and sounds awesome after the exhaust is broken in a bit!!!:)

·
Registered
474 Posts
how the downshifting makes the tire skip sometimes
Yep! I am proof of this. I tore up my bike and ultimately, due to a growth in my brain, have come back with a repaired machine($6500). I have not enjoyed the brain surgery or the chemo involved but ride every single day now.

dentist.jpg

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DillPickle313 - I'd be interested in more detail on what happened if you're willing to share. Thanks!

Richmonder

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yep! I am proof of this. I tore up my bike and ultimately, due to a growth in my brain, have come back with a repaired machine($6500). I have not enjoyed the brain surgery or the chemo involved but ride every single day now.

View attachment 11321
Welcome back hope your getting better it must of been a long recovery.
Now we need more ride reports from you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts