Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
It probably looks good. To me the black bikes look better a little more blacked out but it's easy to "over do" it and end up with a pretty monotone bike which looks a little silly to me. Sometimes less is more. Having a factory color like Burgundy or blue give you a little more flexibility in blacking out without making it silly looking like an unpainted black plastic model.

·
Registered
216 Posts
One day I'll make it there. Thunder Beach is the weekend of October 23, 24, and 25 so I'll be there that weekend. Since the weather is changing here I've really put all motorcycle stuff on hold. I've been building a CJ7 with a 5.3 LS engine so that's been taking up most of my time lately.

I thought about doing a two tone mostly black bike. By two tone, I mean a matte or satin black against the gloss black. I never got around to it and probably won't ever realistically. Really getting rid of the giant pointless dash on the tank with it's useless keyed fuel door was my main concern. If I was going to keep the Valkyrie for a long time, I'd pull my tank and have it smoothed out on top. Get rid of the dash completely and just go with a smooth chrome screw on fuel cap. I hate having to take my key out and use it to open the fuel door.

·
Registered
374 Posts
That sounds like a great idea for the tank. And once you get rid of the need for a lock in the side panel it could be reused for charging ports or other controls.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looking good' :) I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago, but they are on back order by Honda. I guess quite a few of us have the same idea about going black. I'm going to powdercoat my rear passenger handles and rear rack black also. ����

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Same here they agreed to order them before I did all my financing and just rolled in with the note. The only bad thing is I still all the chrome pieces guess they are good back ups.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Black Trim PNs

I've got a black 2014 and never like the chrome accents and thought I was going to have to paint them, but had seen several post where other riders had talked about getting the black parts from the blue Valks. Problem was that every microfiche that I could find only showed a single part number for these parts. Knowing that there is probably at least one other person as slow as I am out there I thought I would post the part numbers for the black parts to save some time and headaches:

17622-MJR-970ZA LID, FUEL *NHB01*(GRAPHITE BLACK)
83510-MJR-970ZA COVER, FR. TOP *NHB01*(GRAPHITE BLACK)
64110-MJR-970ZA COVER, CENTER TOP *NHB01*(GRAPHITE BLACK)

Enjoy...

VP:laugh:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have these mirrors and they really help accent a blackout scheme.

Muth 220-0711-0 Merge Master Signal Mirror Black
by Muth
$ 189 00
Prime
Usually ships in 3 to 6 weeks

More Buying Choices
$160.65used(1 offer)

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bought a set of black mirrors off a Victory Vegas and put them on. The mirrors have a good look to them and match the Valks styling.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Frank,

I already spent a bunch this winter.

Got my side covers, heel-toe shifter and brake pedal powder coated. I put on a carbon fibre racing stripe, new windshield, some extra lights on the back and sides, new tires, painted the front forks black and the side covers black as well. I was going to re-clear coat my saddlebags, but polishing compound worked great to bring them back up to near perfect.

I think I am done for this year...unless something else peeks my fancy. >:D

·
Registered
50 Posts
VPX, I want to thank you. I have been after these part numbers for awhile. I just cannot stand chromed plastic. It may seem petty but it is my nickel.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts