Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately I dropped my bike and scratched the chrome exhaust pipes. Can anyone tell me if using a 2000 grit sandpaper would help me buff these scratches out?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
NO, I don't think so. You could always take them off & have them ceramic coated. That is exactly what I am going to do to mine !

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't think you can sand it an fix it. You may be able to buy just that portion of the exhaust though. Looks to be only the back part.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can buff out the superficial scratches using patience, 0000 steel wool and metal polish. I find White Diamond to be the best. The deeper scratches are permanent. Unfortunately, the muffler is sold in one piece and expensive so it may be worth giving it a go.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Bscrive how did you manage to attach what looks like a Utopia backrest to what looks like a Russel Day Long? I have to say that looks like it would be the ultimate comfort setup on this bike!!! I might actually get me to buy a set of those fancy Corbin bags and turn my bike into a low budget Goldwing LoL

·
Registered
402 Posts
Bscrive how did you manage to attach what looks like a Utopia backrest to what looks like a Russel Day Long? I have to say that looks like it would be the ultimate comfort setup on this bike!!! I might actually get me to buy a set of those fancy Corbin bags and turn my bike into a low budget Goldwing LoL

I used my Utopia back rest from my 99 Interstate and I made the bracket to fit on the rear pilon seat, but Utopia now makes the backrest for our bikes. I sent my original seat with the backrest to Russell and they did their magic. The seat and backrest is very comfy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts