Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't want a fairing or radio, I guess I prefer the quietness. The cost of a set of bags added to the cost of the Valkyrie is much less than the cost of the 6B.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I wanted a B but went with the C. The F6B is great but I was personally disappointed in the cargo space. I opted for the f6c because of the better ground clearance. You can throw it into twisties with less worries of dragging anything. I know folks dont buy Valks for the canyons but you can surely have fun on one there...
Im pretty confident a Valk can do what an f6b can do except play tunes..

·
Registered
497 Posts
Nope, the more I ride it the more I like it. Got over 70000k of Saturday riding in on it now, no commuting to speak off. In fact recently I was interested in the new wing because well it was new and I had an opportunity to ride my mates California which is in the sit up and beg position. Yeah not really for me and his comment was that the Valk' was more sporty. I didn't know what he meant until I hopped back on mine. I love to cruise but I love the twisties still.

When I first saw the thing on the web I thought it was about as ugly as you can get. When I saw in in real life I thought the front was WTF and the rear was crap. Now with bags, seat, 200 rear on it plus the lights and whatever it is to me the greatest bike in the world.

BTW on a "why not" test ride which some Harley people pretty much goaded me into I knew within a few seconds it was my new bike after years of wanting a 109. I still remember saying to myself as I surged up in second gear... Cadillac. It was sold right then.

So yeah... no buyers remorse. It is the perfect bike for me and I look forward to every Saturday.
As a special bonus there is not many of them in the wild here. So cool ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
I picked the Valkyrie because I prefer the bike naked.

That said, I recently F6B'd my bike by adding a screen and panniers. That's temporary. I was on a 4 day trip of 2000km+ per day with lots of sub-zero night riding so needed a bit of protection in addition to more luggage.

The bike performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I wanted a B but went with the C. The F6B is great but I was personally disappointed in the cargo space. I opted for the f6c because of the better ground clearance. You can throw it into twisties with less worries of dragging anything. I know folks dont buy Valks for the canyons but you can surely have fun on one there...
Im pretty confident a Valk can do what an f6b can do except play tunes..

I put Shark stereo in mine and it works great. Only cost $120. The unit is in the right side cowl.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the f6c and after looking into it more I wish I had bought the f6b. If I cant find someone who did the same thing with a f6b ill ride it for a year or two trade it in and cut my losses.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I bought the f6c and after looking into it more I wish I had bought the f6b. If I cant find someone who did the same thing with a f6b ill ride it for a year or two trade it in and cut my losses.
I feel your pain. Hate it when that happens. Can you tell us why you're dissatisfied with the F6C?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I feel your pain. Hate it when that happens. Can you tell us why you're dissatisfied with the F6C?
I just think I would be more happy with a little more wind protection,cruise and some storage room.. Other than that the f6c is a fine machine. Not badmouthing it at all.. Just the wrong choice on my part

·
Registered
712 Posts
I just think I would be more happy with a little more wind protection,cruise and some storage room.. Other than that the f6c is a fine machine. Not badmouthing it at all.. Just the wrong choice on my part
I'm just curious why you don't feel that adding those items to your Valkyrie will satisfy you? Not challenging you, just interested as it would be a cheaper option, wouldn't it? Or do you actually prefer the ride and handling of the bagger?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm just curious why you don't feel that adding those items to your Valkyrie will satisfy you? Not challenging you, just interested as it would be a cheaper option, wouldn't it? Or do you actually prefer the ride and handling of the bagger?
That might be something to look into.. I would like to ride a B before making up my mind. I had a street glide and thought I would like the change. Not so sure now, kinda miss the added crap.

·
Registered
712 Posts
That might be something to look into.. I would like to ride a B before making up my mind. I had a street glide and thought I would like the change. Not so sure now, kinda miss the added crap.
I haven't ridden the B either but guys who have say it's not a Valkyrie with bags, it's a whole different experience. You might decide that tricking out your Valk is indeed your preferred option. And save some money too ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't ridden the B either but guys who have say it's not a Valkyrie with bags, it's a whole different experience. You might decide that tricking out your Valk is indeed your preferred option. And save some money too ;)
Something to think about. THANKS for all your imput.

·
Registered
133 Posts
This is my 4th Wing and I love them as naked as possible . the Valkyrie 1800 C is the finest motorcycle i have even owned and love the thing . had 1975 GL1000 , 1978 GL1000 , and forget what year GL1500 Aspencade = hated it as it was huge . My Valkyrie has a stablemate CB1100AD Whitehouse K10

Attachments

Reactions: wgold9722

·
Registered
45 Posts
I test rode the F6B and didn't like the steering, didn't care for the way it handled in corners or maneuvering. I am glad I test rode the F6B, it made my decision a lot easier to go with the Valk.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wouldn’t even consider the B. I don’t want or need any more buttons. I have Honda wind screen and bags. I think less is more on this bike. I’ve only put about 7k on it since I got it last season and am as happy with it now as the day I brought it home.

·
Registered
497 Posts

The wind and the storage I have sorted on mine to how I want it and as mentioned it is more sporty then the the other models which really appeals to me so happy on absolutely all fronts now. The only thing I did actually want from the B is the cruise but amazingly I have completely fixed that issue with one of these for 50 bucks AU...

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SD-R-Un...118045?hash=item58f6d2959d:g:uBIAAOSwPh5ZJPfc

I ditched the rubber ring it comes with and now have it installed on the rubber part of the grip right beside the chrome part on the inside of my hand. When I want it in an instant my forefinger pushes it down onto the brake to set it and hey free hand. I then "blip" the throttle off to reset it. The thumb part of it actually makes a comfortable rest for my thumb as well when I need it.

I didn't actually know how good this was going to be until I had one. Sure it is not going to keep the speed for days (Yet to see any cruise keep accurate speed going up and down hills btw!) but it will allow you to rest your hand and/or fiddle with something that needs the right hand. For me it was way more value then I thought it was going to be.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts