Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.
I just sold my first bike which was a 02 Shadow spirit. Had it over 5yrs. Had a75 CB550F i restored and sold a few year back.

Now im about to pull the switch on a 2014 Valkyrie. I have always loved the look of the bike. Sort of that fighterjet look from the radiator inlets on the sides.

So im here to figure out if there are any major mechanical issues to watch out for as well as find good accesories. Maybe tips on a good bike jack that fits it. I do all the work myself so im no stranger.

Thanks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Congrats on your decision to get a Valk, and welcome to the forum BB!

I agree it has a fighter jet look. As soon as I first saw one, I knew - I had to have it. This wave washed over me and there was no stopping me.

This bike is bullet proof. I don't know of many who have had any mechanical issues with anything. It has its quirks, like getting the seat on and off, getting to the battery, replacing the air filter is a royal bitch, replacement tire options are few, and accessories are limited due to only two production years, but you can usually find what you need or build it or have it modded by a fabricator.

Seems like we've talked about jacks at some point on here. There was a recent thread about dollies. RevZilla is a good source for parts and accessories.

When you get your bike, let us know where you are and post some pics and details!

Good luck!

Richmonder

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Im between the blue and red one in Kerrvill and one in Austin Texas.

I live in San Antonio TX.
I do all the work on my bikes myself so i like getting a heads up on any need to know stuff like special jacks or ways to do things etc.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Welcome to the club! You'll find that by searching this forum you'll find the answers to all of those questions you mentioned, as well as others you haven't thought of yet, and Richmonder's response was spot-on. I have no doubt that you'll love your new bike. Tread gently the first few times you open it up. It's VERY responsive and has more torque than you're probably used to.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Pictures! Details! Happy for ya. Hell of a Black Friday buy!

Richmonder

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. I pick it up Friday about 50+- miles away. Hopefully no rain. It looks all stock but ill shine it up and get some picks. I sold my 2002 Shadow Spirit VT750 (my first bike) for $2300 to fund this endeavor. So im hoping everything I learned with that and my other bike i sold (75 CB550F supersport) that any maintenance will be possible myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts