Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time since I started riding... maybe 7 years, I've ridden to work every day this week. I work at an insurance company and they loosen up a little on dress code around end of April first of may and I don't have to wear a dress coat. Fridays we can wear jeans.

Oh! This a big deal for me. I love riding this thing but would usually wait until casual Friday to ride to work. Plus, very hot and humid mornings are right around the corner and not fun getting to work all stinky and sweaty so have been taking advantage of the cooler mornings so far.

Quite a number of people have noticed the bike. I think out of about 700 in this building, I'm the only one riding a motorcycle to work.

I get to take the long way home every afternoon. It's always a different route. Today I may get to dodge some thunderboomers. That's always fun! I didn't bring a wet suit(or umbrella) and don't care.

Do any of you use the valky to commute or is it mainly for when you make the time to ride?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Best part about riding you Motorcle is: When you get out of work it's there waiting for you.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Before I retired I drove a motorcycle to every day that I could but 25 degrees was my cut off, after a 10 mile ride to work my legs would be very cold.

·
Registered
547 Posts
when your young you do stuff for fun. sometimes dumb stuff. I use to live at the lake and ride 65 miles backroads thru the Tx hills to work at 5am. then do it all over again at 4pm. about a 2 hour ride each way as it is heavily wooded rolling country roads. Until I hit a deer. at 5am pitch black on a country road. I decided I needed to move to town. that was fun then. this is now. I don't ride in traffic if I can absolutely avoid it. I will wait at work till 7pm to go for daily lake ride to watch the sun settle on the water. its kinda a religious type experience. sometimes a beer helps. Most of my riding is now just long distance touring. I take back roads to everywhere. it takes me 4 ever to get where I am going, even if I don't really know where that is. Often I just point the bike where its not raining and ride in that direction. when I get to past midweek or midmoney? I turn it around and ride a similar route home. Sometimes if it was such a pretty route, and it always is, I just ride the whole thing backward. the route. not the bike. poncho

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ride mine to work as much as I can. The only problem is I sit here thinking about it and don't get work done.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok! I've enjoyed riding to work but we are now bumping into the 90's and very high humidity. The day starts out warm and takes me a while to cool down. I'm hot natured so pretty clammy plus I have to dress in the corporate style and makes it difficult. So, left the bike home today. :|

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So much for your streak..
Right! No fun when you feel nasty in your dress britches. 62° morning riding was very nice... not so much now. Makes me wish I lived in a little cooler climate but I'll take the south any day over extreme northern areas.

·
Registered
547 Posts
DP, does your office have a storage closet that locks from inside or some other area you could change clothes? You could keep suits at work and carry fresh outfits daily. Arrive early before others and dress up. End of day dress down and stow away the monkey suite. I bet others would get jealous of your new found freedoms.. "stick it to the man" 1960 all over again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts