Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
replaced rront tire few days ago, manual call out to replace caliper bolts. My question is: why replace the bolts? have not read requirement to replace on older bikes or cars that I can think of. so, did manufactures decide on cheaper steel or some new discovery of vulnerabilty? have run across requirement on some engines head bolts but head bolts torque to 80 lbs vs 40 lbs for caliber bolts. what do u think or should I say, what do u know as fact.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Honda liability CYA. the stock bolts have Red thread lock. apparently some lawyers think with all the vibration these motors make, they might fall out and somebody will die and sue Honda. pay the piper or put some blue thread lock on them and enjoy the new tires. . red is over kill, top stuff.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have had my calipers off a few times and I have never put anything on the threads to lock them and they were always still tight when I took them off.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Had the front calipers of many times and never changed the bolts (Or ever will) though I do use threadlock... but I use threadlock on everything :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts