Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for Black Valve covers for possible swap for my stock covers. Mine are 700 mile covers, no wear, no dings, no scuffs, as new condition. PM me here.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also looking for the Black bits...RE: Black gas door, speedo trim bezel, headlight cowl. From the 2014 Blue/Black model. I will buy or trade for my chrome bits.

PM me here.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I don't know if this would be any help to you guys, but I found this video on YouTube this week. Maybe they can source you some things.

And happy Thanksgiving, all!

Richmonder

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pull them off & have them powder coated.... By far the most economical way to get er done !

I had to buy the plastichrome parts in black, had the stock pipes ceramic coated, ordered the Rivco Aeropegs in black for a little comtrast....also had the timing cover powdercoated. Pretty happy with the look. Now I need cruise control !

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pull them off & have them powder coated.... By far the most economical way to get er done !

I had to buy the plastichrome parts in black, had the stock pipes ceramic coated, ordered the Rivco Aeropegs in black for a little comtrast....also had the timing cover powdercoated. Pretty happy with the look. Now I need cruise control !
Your Valk is very sharp, nicely done!
I never priced the powder coating, although assumed it was very expensive. I remember a guy who had his heal toe shifter powder coated and I was shocked. Could've bought a brand new one for the price of the job. Certainly an option worth checking into.

·
Registered
263 Posts
As to powder-coating cost, I had my two passenger grab rails done in flat black. (On my black '14 bike they came in a silver, painted finish.) Cost me $40 for the pair. Thought that was very reasonable. I had originally thought to just buy two new ones from Honda (the black ones from their blue bike), but I quickly got educated with the asking price. Powder-coating was the way to go and they are more durable than the finish on the original grab rails.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Some shops ARE ridiculous but other aren't too bad at all .I found a "hot rod" shop that do a lot of headers to ceramic coat my pipes @ 75.00 each. I'm more than happy. Had a guy powder coat my brake pedal & timing cover for 30.00 . Shop around, lots of guys doing it these days.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I painted mine with high temp paint. I read that powder coating valve covers runs the risk of warping from the baking process.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts