Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 2015 Valkyrie on Friday and quickly discovered that the small windshield is inadequate for my needs. I spent the weekend scouring the F6C Forum for information about windshields but have not found anything definitive.

It appears that the TALL Honda OEM windshield is not very attractive, and seems to work for only about 50% of those who purchased it. The other half had to make modifications--fabricated hardware, drilling new holes-- to make it work. I can't do those things! I wouldn't mind the looks, but am puzzled about why it requires modifications for half of the owners. I would hate to purchase the Honda windshield and it not work for me.

Surely someone has had success with a windshield! Memphis Shades, Slip Streamer, Gustafsson Plastics, etc. I'm just shy of 6'3", and sit tall in the saddle. And I ride with an open face helmet. Can anyone help? Thanks!

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Buster. I found the Gustafsson Plastics web site this morning and tried to call them. The Euroflip 16 x 22 was one of the windshields I am considering. The video you referenced showed Zach, at 6'4", on a Valkyrie claiming that the 16 x 22 was sufficient for someone his height. But I saw some of the comments on the Gustafsson web site stating that they should have purchased a taller windshield. Any thoughts of whether or not yours would be OK for me at 6'2"?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Thanks, Buster. I found the Gustafsson Plastics web site this morning and tried to call them. The Euroflip 16 x 22 was one of the windshields I am considering. The video you referenced showed Zach, at 6'4", on a Valkyrie claiming that the 16 x 22 was sufficient for someone his height. But I saw some of the comments on the Gustafsson web site stating that they should have purchased a taller windshield. Any thoughts of whether or not yours would be OK for me at 6'2"?
Good point. I'm 5' 11.5" and have it mounted so the top edge is right at eye level for me. You can adjust the height as you mount it, but if you move the 16" H version up high enough for you, there might some air coming under it. The next bigger size from Gustafsson is 20" H x 25W, but it doesn't have the euroflip contour, although that would allow you to more easily cut an inch or two off the top if you wanted/needed) if you're wanting the top edge at eye level (so you have a choice of being able to look thru it or over it, i.e., in rain).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered a Gustafsson 20 x 25 windshield. Should arrive the beginning of next week. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will work well. Zach at Gustafsson has been great to work with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Follow-up report: I received my 20 x 25 Gustafsson windshield in less than a week, installed it this morning. It took me about 1.5 hours (I'm slow and methodical). Was a bit of a challenge lining everything up on the bike, but the installation was relatively simple, following their on-line video.

Took a first test ride and the windshield works great! I'm just shy of 6' 3", and I was comfortable behind this unit. Success!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Huh, doesn't look nearly as big as I thought it would look, and it looks like it still has some recurve at the top?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just picked up my 2015 Valkyrie on Friday and quickly discovered that the small windshield is inadequate for my needs. I spent the weekend scouring the F6C Forum for information about windshields but have not found anything definitive.

It appears that the TALL Honda OEM windshield is not very attractive, and seems to work for only about 50% of those who purchased it. The other half had to make modifications--fabricated hardware, drilling new holes-- to make it work. I can't do those things! I wouldn't mind the looks, but am puzzled about why it requires modifications for half of the owners. I would hate to purchase the Honda windshield and it not work for me.

Surely someone has had success with a windshield! Memphis Shades, Slip Streamer, Gustafsson Plastics, etc. I'm just shy of 6'3", and sit tall in the saddle. And I ride with an open face helmet. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Here is the 24-inch Madstad windshield I recently installed. It's adjustable for both height and angle. Great quality, service, and performance.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts