·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'll answer myself.

$600 for 4 years through Zeigler Motorsports - New & Used ATVs, Motorcycles, UTVs, Sales, Service, and Parts in Kalamazoo, MI, near Comstock Township, Portage and Nazareth

The contact there is
Charlie Brody

Finance Manager

Direct: (269) 381-5800 (ext. 1395)

My bike was first registered 10/27/2018. I used Vehicle History Reports to check the date.
Sounds too good to be true...do you mean it costs $600/year? Are there any starting or ending mileage limitations? I went to the website but found no info, so texted them.

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds too good to be true...do you mean it costs $600/year? Are there any starting or ending mileage limitations? I went to the website but found no info, so texted them.
[email protected]
Verified the price here, but, "only available on eligible models originally sold by Honda and your vehicle must be within your original factory warranty. " Honda Warranty Programs

I don't understand what you are trying to point out.

Those are their rules.

Don't like them? Tough.

Should they extend a warranty to a 20 year old bike?

Should they extend a warranty to a bike 3 days past its normal factory warranty?

Should an owner be more knowledgeable?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dang, sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed!

I’m simply trying to be a more informed owner than I was yesterday, and share the valuable information I’m learning with others, as I suspect I’m not the only one on this forum who has never purchased an extended warranty on a motorcycle. One reason I hadn’t bought one in the past, besides riding mostly older bikes for 40 years, is because I expected motorcycle extended warranties might be like auto warranties that have mileage restrictions and so generally aren’t worth paying for, but I learned just recently, that this is not the case.

I was asking in this message string about the eligibility restrictions, and then shared the learning that this only applies where the original purchaser bought the motorcycle in the past 3 years (and the warranty automatically transfers to subsequent users) I missed the boat by a year because I didn’t know what I just shared, so it’s not a matter of what I like or think “should” be, just sharing the facts. As mentioned on another string on this site about warranties, when they have unlimited mileage, they make a lot of sense for owners who log more miles than the average owner, AND whose Valk was originally purchased within the last 3 years, then this sounds like an excellent investment and the eligibility clock is ticking, so don’t miss the boat like I did!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang, sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed!

I’m simply trying to be a more informed owner than I was yesterday, and share the valuable information I’m learning with others, as I suspect I’m not the only one on this forum who has never purchased an extended warranty on a motorcycle. One reason I hadn’t bought one in the past, besides riding mostly older bikes for 40 years, is because I expected motorcycle extended warranties might be like auto warranties that have mileage restrictions and so generally aren’t worth paying for, but I learned just recently, that this is not the case.

I was asking in this message string about the eligibility restrictions, and then shared the learning that this only applies where the original purchaser bought the motorcycle in the past 3 years (and the warranty automatically transfers to subsequent users) I missed the boat by a year because I didn’t know what I just shared, so it’s not a matter of what I like or think “should” be, just sharing the facts. As mentioned on another string on this site about warranties, when they have unlimited mileage, they make a lot of sense for owners who log more miles than the average owner, AND whose Valk was originally purchased within the last 3 years, then this sounds like an excellent investment and the eligibility clock is ticking, so don’t miss the boat like I did!

The warranty does not have to be purchased by the first owner. It can be bought at any time during the original factory warranty if the bike is elgible.

·
Registered
62 Posts
"including but not limited to" is lawyer-speak, and comes from a lawyer's need to make sure that no one can ever, in any way, under any circumstances, think that "including" is all-inclusive. ... Therefore "including but not limited to" is redundant (unless you are a lawyer writing a contract). Just use "including.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Redundancies, also called tautologies or pleonasms, are words that mean the same. ... “Include but not limited to” is one of many redundancies commonly found in legal language. “Include” means to make a part of something — it doesn't mean all-encompassing. So to add “but not limited to” is redundant.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Redundancies, also called tautologies or pleonasms, are words that mean the same. ... “Include but not limited to” is one of many redundancies commonly found in legal language. “Include” means to make a part of something — it doesn't mean all-encompassing. So to add “but not limited to” is redundant.
So don't buy the warranty.

It's that easy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts