Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
That’s not a bad deal. Is it a Honda warrant?
$150 a year is cheap insurance.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'll answer myself.

$600 for 4 years through Zeigler Motorsports - New & Used ATVs, Motorcycles, UTVs, Sales, Service, and Parts in Kalamazoo, MI, near Comstock Township, Portage and Nazareth

The contact there is
Charlie Brody

Finance Manager

Direct: (269) 381-5800 (ext. 1395)

My bike was first registered 10/27/2018. I used Vehicle History Reports to check the date.
Sounds too good to be true...do you mean it costs $600/year? Are there any starting or ending mileage limitations? I went to the website but found no info, so texted them.

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds too good to be true...do you mean it costs $600/year? Are there any starting or ending mileage limitations? I went to the website but found no info, so texted them.
[email protected]
Verified the price here, but, "only available on eligible models originally sold by Honda and your vehicle must be within your original factory warranty. " Honda Warranty Programs

I don't understand what you are trying to point out.

Those are their rules.

Don't like them? Tough.

Should they extend a warranty to a 20 year old bike?

Should they extend a warranty to a bike 3 days past its normal factory warranty?

Should an owner be more knowledgeable?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dang, sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed!

I’m simply trying to be a more informed owner than I was yesterday, and share the valuable information I’m learning with others, as I suspect I’m not the only one on this forum who has never purchased an extended warranty on a motorcycle. One reason I hadn’t bought one in the past, besides riding mostly older bikes for 40 years, is because I expected motorcycle extended warranties might be like auto warranties that have mileage restrictions and so generally aren’t worth paying for, but I learned just recently, that this is not the case.

I was asking in this message string about the eligibility restrictions, and then shared the learning that this only applies where the original purchaser bought the motorcycle in the past 3 years (and the warranty automatically transfers to subsequent users) I missed the boat by a year because I didn’t know what I just shared, so it’s not a matter of what I like or think “should” be, just sharing the facts. As mentioned on another string on this site about warranties, when they have unlimited mileage, they make a lot of sense for owners who log more miles than the average owner, AND whose Valk was originally purchased within the last 3 years, then this sounds like an excellent investment and the eligibility clock is ticking, so don’t miss the boat like I did!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dang, sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed!

I’m simply trying to be a more informed owner than I was yesterday, and share the valuable information I’m learning with others, as I suspect I’m not the only one on this forum who has never purchased an extended warranty on a motorcycle. One reason I hadn’t bought one in the past, besides riding mostly older bikes for 40 years, is because I expected motorcycle extended warranties might be like auto warranties that have mileage restrictions and so generally aren’t worth paying for, but I learned just recently, that this is not the case.

I was asking in this message string about the eligibility restrictions, and then shared the learning that this only applies where the original purchaser bought the motorcycle in the past 3 years (and the warranty automatically transfers to subsequent users) I missed the boat by a year because I didn’t know what I just shared, so it’s not a matter of what I like or think “should” be, just sharing the facts. As mentioned on another string on this site about warranties, when they have unlimited mileage, they make a lot of sense for owners who log more miles than the average owner, AND whose Valk was originally purchased within the last 3 years, then this sounds like an excellent investment and the eligibility clock is ticking, so don’t miss the boat like I did!

The warranty does not have to be purchased by the first owner. It can be bought at any time during the original factory warranty if the bike is elgible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts