Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:

Subject: Your new password for *site name*
Dear *username*,

Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:

Username: *username*

Password: *Randomly generated temp password*

To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*

If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.

All the best,

Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.

If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team

·
Registered
17 Posts
The password requirements/request to change are ridiculous for this forum. The requirements here are far more than required at any bank or even paypal, for what purpose? I been using the same 4 letter passwords on forums for more than 10 years. I don't need to remember a password that is more complicated than my banking password for this slow moving no action insignificant Forum. I'll pass on the password and just keep visiting the Valkyrie Owners Forum. bye...

·
Registered
269 Posts
The password requirements/request to change are ridiculous for this forum.
Let's say a user is foolish enough to use the same password for this site and for something more serious like, their bank, or remote control software (ie. teamviewer.) Forum passwords get hacked, then criminals use that info to hack banking and financial accounts. Someone is going to go looking for people to sue, and the company that got hacked will be first on the list, because that's the society we live in now.

The site owner isn't trying to be a nanny and tell you how to protect your online info, it's just CYA policy. and I can't blame them. I blame the people who use the same pw for their dating site as for their bank, and then whine about who to sue when they get hacked.

I have uniquely strong passwords for almost all sites, and 2fa for important ones like my bank. It's not that big a deal if you use a pw manager. I use the free version of Lastpass but Dashlane is also a good one. Check them out, they'll make managing your net accounts so much easier.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What if I'm lazy and don't want to make up a new password? Can I continue using the temp pwd assigned to my account? Any risk in doing that?
Just don't reuse that password for any other sites and your risk is minimal. The whole teamviewer fiasco was mainly because people used the same password for linkedin, teamviewer, paypal, etc. So once their linkedin account got hacked, everything else followed. If they had used unique passwords for each site, no one would have lost any money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This thread is very entertaining. I just emailed the admin with similar thoughts. With requirements like this, I wonder if we should require top-secret security clearance, too. Maybe we should encrypt all of our posts just in case. Heaven forbid if malicious users succeeded in posting something here, heck, someone might wind up purchasing the second best tire instead of the top rated tire. A disaster that'd be...

I won't boycott the site or anything crazy, but I also won't remember my password tomorrow and probably won't want to post anything bad enough to try and recover. Sorry, but I think I'm lost to inconvenience...

If you need me, I'll see ya all out on the road!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts