Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, with 31 days left on my original warranty I took the plunge today and decided to invest in the Honda Extended Warranty with Roadside Assistance, I found Honda proper was asking a little too for it so I found Blueridge Powersports selling it for $770 for 5 additional years. Just curious if any others of the ”Class of 2018” owners have done the same? And if any owners who bought it back in the day ever had need of it? And how the process might have went for you. I did confirm it is transferable which should help me with resale should we decide to part, but then again if I’m buying 5 years of warranty I don’t “think” that’s in the cards (but I am crazy sometimes)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well, with 31 days left on my original warranty I took the plunge today and decided to invest in the Honda Extended Warranty with Roadside Assistance, I found Honda proper was asking a little too for it so I found Blueridge Powersports selling it for $770 for 5 additional years. Just curious if any others of the ”Class of 2018” owners have done the same? And if any owners who bought it back in the day ever had need of it? And how the process might have went for you. I did confirm it is transferable which should help me with resale should we decide to part, but then again if I’m buying 5 years of warranty I don’t “think” that’s in the cards (but I am crazy sometimes)
$154/year sounds pretty good to me, if you're one who actually puts any miles on it. I wish I would not have missed that boat. I blew the fork seals last year, and if that is an item covered by the warranty, it would have almost paid for itself right then and there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have two months left on my original warranty for my 2015 Valkyrie. Still trying to make a decision on the extended warranty, but I'm leaning toward purchasing the 5-year plan without roadside assistance.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have two months left on my original warranty for my 2015 Valkyrie. Still trying to make a decision on the extended warranty, but I'm leaning toward purchasing the 5-year plan without roadside assistance.
My Russell Day-Long seat conversion arrives this week, so I'm eager to put some long day-ride miles on the Valkyrie in comfort!

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I would have thought to ask what the price difference was for the no roadside BUT they did say it was cheaper without, its just my insurance provides no provision for roadside assistance

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ya know, in your situation, as described, I think I might go ahead and spring for the extended warranty, too. (Whereas I did NOT in my own case with my '14, purchased in '16, so "full disclosure" and all that.)

Reasons: our bikes are no longer the latest (even if they are still, after closing in on their first decade since their original design, among the greatest) and each and every year means more scarcity of parts, more wear and disintegration of age-sensitive systems, etc. When dealerships of major brands turn you away for service and repair just because your bike is no longer within their profit parameter (read: "too old"), extended warranties look better and better for our Valks, if you can still get one. I don't have the option anymore, but I've fortunately never needed it. Tanks usually only break down if it's something really major or if they hit something really big. Throwing treads is a common denominator for both though, of course, but I digress. Last reason: the way inflation is going recently, by the time you need a serious repair that could have been covered, "if only", you'll be glad you have it and you'll be sleeping peacefully in the meantime.

It's not that much money, it's transferrable, and it makes your dreams better. What more could you want? :cool:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wouldn't worry. These bikes are solid. I've had one issue ever with mine. Battery died. Bike sat in storage for 8 months. New battery and I was back in business.
It was funny too.. I called the dealer thinking I fizzled my electrics and the dealer mechanic replied: " Check the battery. Dude, these bikes never break."

That was enough proof for me.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wish I would have thought to ask what the price difference was for the no roadside BUT they did say it was cheaper without, its just my insurance provides no provision for roadside assistance
Late response.

Join the AMA and get roadside included.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts