Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

Registered
The Valkyrie is my ride a plenty. It has the acceleration and speed I want to get away from almost any typical would be teenager racer in a Honda Civic or Mustang. Sure there are plenty of cars that can match or pass me but im not racing them or anyone. Im just getting away from them before they hit me. Lot of them on I10 in Dan Antonio.

Also, i have nothing against a Goldwing, a Valk is a Goldwing just with a different trim really. I dont want the big clunky front or back. Now if my girl wanted to tag along all the time then sure. But she doesn't care to. So a streamed Valk is more for me.

Plus, I have what i need to make it a week rider across state lines and back when i want to do a rode trip.

To each their own but my Valk is probably my last bike I will own. And being a Honda it will probably last till my type 1 diabetes kills me. 馃ぃ

But a full on Goldwing is nice for sure.

Registered
My first bike was a new 1963 Honda 150. My Valkyrie is number 28. Mrs. C. Have been riding together since 1967 ('65 Triumph Bonneville TT Special). We've ridden a wide variety including 7 wings 2-1200, 3-1500 & 2 1800s. I loved all the 6 cylinder models. Our last bike was our only Harley and we loved it too. The low seat height was nice, the intercom not so much. We sold it when we moved back to Oregon and looked for 2 years for another special bike large & comfortable enough for 2. We live in a small market so selection was limited. I didn't want a bike too old or high mileage. When I tested the Valkyrie it felt like an old friend. It had a windshield and we added the sissy bar and modified the passenger seat. We miss the intercom but not much else. The seat height is lower, it weighs 150# less than than a wing, not too old and with 4,300 miles it was a in good value. At 76 years old it's probably my last bike, but I've said that before ;-)

Registered
You guys are lucky price wise.
In Canada, a fully dressed Goldwing DCT Tour, after freight, pdi, taxes and all the other fees, you're looking just a few dollars shy of $40,000

I did see a used low mileage '20 Goldwing DCT for just under $31,000 out the door...

Tazmool

Registered
seems like i鈥檓 coming from a different point as ive only owned sportbikes/dualsports/dirtbikes鈥m 49 years old, never even rode a bike heavier than 500# before i bought my 鈥14 Valk w/o a test ride (cold and raining that day). ive had it for a month and put several hundred miles on it, and im in love w it. ive had a few very nice sportbikes that i had many great years riding, but the V is a different beast all together. i鈥檓 going out on a limb to say i think its my favorite streetbike so far. likely be a keeper

but i digress, right now i have no interest in a Gold Wing even tho i think they are incredible bikes, and the newer 鈥18 models are extremely sharp. as said, i love the style, stripped down simplicity of the Valk. - i love the power, seating, sparse gadgetry, refinement, smoothness etc

Registered
The Virginia Valkyrie Riders Club had an impromptu teleconference this morning and we got to talking about the new Gold WIng. Co-President Rick sent me a link to a YouTube video discussion of what was wrong or neglected on the 2021 version, and it got me thinking. First, if you're a Gold Wing owner and you're complaining that the horn button is too small, the radio reception is poor, or that the GPS sucks, maybe you're just a "little" spoiled. I mean, you're bitching about minor ergonomic things and conveniences that many bikes don't even have. Aww, the trunk doesn't come with a light as standard equipment? Poor baby.

I think for most of us, the path forward from a Valkyrie is going to be a Gold Wing. Giving up the sheer power of that flat six 1800 cc engine would be tough, and anything less would leave us bored. And there are few options out there that have more power than the GW in a cruiser straight from the factory. A few on here have already made the upgrade, including Big Smitty and a few others who have moved on, and I know others are copntemplating it, based on comments I see on this forum.

I can say I lust for the Gold Wing (a la Jimmy Carter, "I do have lust in my heart"). I have always been a gadget guy. The more, the merrier. I like switches. And buttons. And stuff that's adjustable or variable. Which is not to say I don't LOVE My Valk! It is just awesome and I get a thrill just looking at it, much less riding it. But it's a stripped down version of a GW and I like my gadgets. Yet, I bought my Valk at just the right time and got a fantastic deal on it, and it serves me quite well. It looks much more badass than a GW. But still, all that gadgetry and ergonomic stuff appeals to me. Back in high school, when ghetto blasters were the rage, I bought a unit that had as many adjustments on it as I could afford. All kinds of switches and knobs to adjust everything. I've kept it to this day, plugged in to a switched outlet in my bathroom, so that when I turn on the light, I instantly have my favorite classic rock station playing. That radio has been like a Honda motorcycle to me - it has never needed repair, and just keeps on working year after year.

However, paying four times what I paid for my Valk (with taxes, delivery, dealer prep, etc.) to get a GW just doesn't seem practical or financially advisable. Our property tax rates in Virginia are already ridiculous, and buying a new GW would increase those dramatically, not to mention the extra insurance.

It would take a very unique and special set of circumstances for me to part with my Valk. Never have I owned a motorcycle I loved as much as this. I may never get a GW, but if I ever decide to sell the Valk for some unforeseeable reason, and I still keep a bike, it will undoubtedly be a GW, as long as I am physically able to ride a big bike. I can dream.

What about you guys? Do you secretly or subconsciously want a GW, or is the Valk your ultimate ride?

Richmonder
Richmonder, I am interested in the Virginia Valkyrie Riders Club of which you speak. I live just across the Potomac in Maryland, and I am new to this area. I'll look for the Riders Club on the Internet, but if you want to Reply with a link or other info, I'd appreciate it. I'll be looking for folks to get out there with, come spring.
As for Gold Wing wannabe mentality, I will say that the simplicity of my 2014 Valkyrie is precisely what makes it attractive to me. I do not want a plethora of gadgets and gizmos on my motorcycle. I just want to ride.
Fast.
As a few of you have suggested, technological advancements are a good thing in an automobile. But all I wanna do when out there on two wheels is motor, not play with stuff, and not look at stuff, other than the beautiful scenery - the sky, the landscape, the road ahead, and occasionally at my instruments, which, as we know, are minimal, and intelligently situated on a Valk.
I once owned a 2007 Honda VTX 1800. It was a 1795cc monster of a motorcycle, not too far behind a Valkyrie. In retrospect, one of the only things about the bike that did not thrill me is that the instruments were down on the top of the tank. You had to lower your eyes to gather information. You do not have to do that on a Valkyrie.
I had a 2017 F6B, too. Sold it for cash, and kept the Valkyrie.
I never carry a passenger, nor do I go on long, overnight trips, such that I need to carry a lot of stuff. I have a Givi hard trunk that holds more than enough clothing, a small cooler, and what not.
I have also thought about trading my Valkyrie for one of the new, 2022 Rebel 1100s (if you can find one, that is!). The bike is plenty quick, although I am doubtful that it would compare with the Valkyrie for raw power.
DCTs do not interest me. I do not mind shifting, so long as the clutch and shifting mechanism on my machine are good. As we all know, everything on a Gold Wing feels like it is Teflon coated. Never a problem shifting on Gold Wings.

I am 70. I guess I'm stuck with the Valk. And...that's not a bad thing!
For me, riding is, to some extent, feeling the power of the machine, which is kind of like feeling powerful.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Richmonder, I am interested in the Virginia Valkyrie Riders Club of which you speak. I live just across the Potomac in Maryland, and I am new to this area. I'll look for the Riders Club on the Internet, but if you want to Reply with a link or other info, I'd appreciate it. I'll be looking for folks to get out there with, come spring.
As for Gold Wing wannabe mentality, I will say that the simplicity of my 2014 Valkyrie is precisely what makes it attractive to me. I do not want a plethora of gadgets and gizmos on my motorcycle. I just want to ride.
Fast.
As a few of you have suggested, technological advancements are a good thing in an automobile. But all I wanna do when out there on two wheels is motor, not play with stuff, and not look at stuff, other than the beautiful scenery - the sky, the landscape, the road ahead, and occasionally at my instruments, which, as we know, are minimal, and intelligently situated on a Valk.
I once owned a 2007 Honda VTX 1800. It was a 1795cc monster of a motorcycle, not too far behind a Valkyrie. In retrospect, one of the only things about the bike that did not thrill me is that the instruments were down on the top of the tank. You had to lower your eyes to gather information. You do not have to do that on a Valkyrie.
I had a 2017 F6B, too. Sold it for cash, and kept the Valkyrie.
I never carry a passenger, nor do I go on long, overnight trips, such that I need to carry a lot of stuff. I have a Givi hard trunk that holds more than enough clothing, a small cooler, and what not.
I have also thought about trading my Valkyrie for one of the new, 2022 Rebel 1100s (if you can find one, that is!). The bike is plenty quick, although I am doubtful that it would compare with the Valkyrie for raw power.
DCTs do not interest me. I do not mind shifting, so long as the clutch and shifting mechanism on my machine are good. As we all know, everything on a Gold Wing feels like it is Teflon coated. Never a problem shifting on Gold Wings.

I am 70. I guess I'm stuck with the Valk. And...that's not a bad thing!
For me, riding is, to some extent, feeling the power of the machine, which is kind of like feeling powerful.
HondaBilly -

The VVRC is a purely fictitious entity I conjured, consisting of precisely two members, me and Rick Roy, of this forum. I in Richmond, and he in Virginia Beach. To my knowledge, we are the only two F6C riders in Virginia on this forum. At least, I have never seen a post from anyone else here who lives in Virginia, although I'm certain there are some. My local Honda dealer says they've never worked on another besides mine, which is telling. I keep begging admin to add a geolocator map for us to pin where we all live. Other similar forums have this and it would be a very easy add-on, but they seem less than eager to do this. I wish others would contact admin and request it to generate some enthusiasm. (Hint, hint to all reading this!)

I too have a VTX 1800r. It is indeed a monster. I haven't ridden it in a while, and need to sell it. I never liked the foot forward position of the floorboards and always found that riding position uncomfortable. That's one reason I gravitated to the Valkyrie - a much more responsive 1800 with pegs under my hips.

Richmonder

Premium Member
Well Truth be told I have Goldwing lust with the 6 gears and all. I would own a new one right now if the bike wasn't $29,000 F&^$##@ dollars!! I think they are freaking awesome to the bone and like the fact they make trailer hitches for it, has lots more choices for rear tires to ride on the dark side, has 6 gears which I already mentioned and honestly I love the analog speedometer and tach set up on the bike not to mention the electronics package. Yep I would own one in heartbeat if I had the cash to pull the trigger either on a B or full dressed one. 2018 Honda庐 Gold Wing Candy Ardent Red | RedLine Powersports Myrtle Beach
Wow that's a beautiful machine, Rick. Looks great without the topbox. Do it! Is that the B or the Tourer without the trunk?

Registered
Wow that's a beautiful machine, Rick. Looks great without the topbox. Do it! Is that the B or the Tourer without the trunk?
It is the B model. I would love to have it but I just went out to sit on my Valkyrie and thought man I love this bike and hate to part with it at this time and since I only have room for one in the garage one would have to go. Tempting for sure and your "Do It" doesn't help. LOL

Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
I mean uhmmm yeah, and what can I really say here鈥 everything the Valkyrie does, the 6th Gen does better, seriously anything you like about the F6C you would like it significantly more on the Wing. The one fatal flaw I found on my Valk were the bars, that reach forward position just was not conducive to long distance riding not for a 鈥渟easoned鈥 rider maybe a 24 year old but not me. I wont go into great detail about the amenities (unless you ask) other than to say its just 鈥漞verything鈥 you could ever want or need. Both transmissions are wonderful and modern. I get it they are expensive I never thought I鈥檇 lay out this kind of cash on a bike BUT no regrets and lest we forget the Valkyrie 8 years ago was $18,000. Not here to bash the F6C just sharing my knowledge of both
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Cloud

Registered
I mean uhmmm yeah, and what can I really say here鈥 everything the Valkyrie does, the 6th Gen does better, seriously anything you like about the F6C you would like it significantly more on the Wing. The one fatal flaw I found on my Valk were the bars, that reach forward position just was not conducive to long distance riding not for a 鈥渟easoned鈥 rider maybe a 24 year old but not me. I wont go into great detail about the amenities (unless you ask) other than to say its just 鈥漞verything鈥 you could ever want or need. Both transmissions are wonderful and modern. I get it they are expensive I never thought I鈥檇 lay out this kind of cash on a bike BUT no regrets and lest we forget the Valkyrie 8 years ago was $18,000. Not here to bash the F6C just sharing my knowledge of both
View attachment 13132
Beautiful and AMEN! What year?

Registered
what i鈥檇 love to see is honda make a new Valk based on the new GW platform - the original 1500 was unique and more classic cruiser, the Rune was the Rune lol, then the 1800 Valk was altogether different and unique (all of them were badass)鈥鈥檇 like to see honda come up w another design and keep the price at ~20k

Registered
to be totally honest I would love to have an F6B or Goldwing Whatever they are calling it now, not really big on the full blown version but the stripped down one is awesome.

Registered
It鈥檚 a 2021 with the bigger trunk which was lacking on the 2018-2020 models
Love the bike, and I saw they had upgraded the trunk on later versions! I heard there were some issues with the wishbone shock up front bottoming into the rubber boot.grommet and tearing it up. Any issues with that? I know there was an after market shock available but was big money to buy and have installed. It is the only negative I have ever heard on the bike.

Registered
No, my Valk is just the way I want it. Corbin seat and bags, and now the extra pullback. Unlike you, Rich, all those extra bells, whistles, and buttons would just confuse me.
They don't just confuse me, they scare me. 馃槰I'm the one that would crash and burn, can't even play with the navigation or stereo in my truck without running off the road.

Registered
The Virginia Valkyrie Riders Club had an impromptu teleconference this morning and we got to talking about the new Gold WIng. Co-President Rick sent me a link to a YouTube video discussion of what was wrong or neglected on the 2021 version, and it got me thinking. First, if you're a Gold Wing owner and you're complaining that the horn button is too small, the radio reception is poor, or that the GPS sucks, maybe you're just a "little" spoiled. I mean, you're bitching about minor ergonomic things and conveniences that many bikes don't even have. Aww, the trunk doesn't come with a light as standard equipment? Poor baby.

I think for most of us, the path forward from a Valkyrie is going to be a Gold Wing. Giving up the sheer power of that flat six 1800 cc engine would be tough, and anything less would leave us bored. And there are few options out there that have more power than the GW in a cruiser straight from the factory. A few on here have already made the upgrade, including Big Smitty and a few others who have moved on, and I know others are copntemplating it, based on comments I see on this forum.

I can say I lust for the Gold Wing (a la Jimmy Carter, "I do have lust in my heart"). I have always been a gadget guy. The more, the merrier. I like switches. And buttons. And stuff that's adjustable or variable. Which is not to say I don't LOVE My Valk! It is just awesome and I get a thrill just looking at it, much less riding it. But it's a stripped down version of a GW and I like my gadgets. Yet, I bought my Valk at just the right time and got a fantastic deal on it, and it serves me quite well. It looks much more badass than a GW. But still, all that gadgetry and ergonomic stuff appeals to me. Back in high school, when ghetto blasters were the rage, I bought a unit that had as many adjustments on it as I could afford. All kinds of switches and knobs to adjust everything. I've kept it to this day, plugged in to a switched outlet in my bathroom, so that when I turn on the light, I instantly have my favorite classic rock station playing. That radio has been like a Honda motorcycle to me - it has never needed repair, and just keeps on working year after year.

However, paying four times what I paid for my Valk (with taxes, delivery, dealer prep, etc.) to get a GW just doesn't seem practical or financially advisable. Our property tax rates in Virginia are already ridiculous, and buying a new GW would increase those dramatically, not to mention the extra insurance.

It would take a very unique and special set of circumstances for me to part with my Valk. Never have I owned a motorcycle I loved as much as this. I may never get a GW, but if I ever decide to sell the Valk for some unforeseeable reason, and I still keep a bike, it will undoubtedly be a GW, as long as I am physically able to ride a big bike. I can dream.

What about you guys? Do you secretly or subconsciously want a GW, or is the Valk your ultimate ride?

Richmonder
I first owned an F6B for a couple of years and loved the comfort, smooth power/ride with its low center of gravity. I stopped riding for a while, but was not interested in any other motor than the flat six. The new gen Valkyrie felt lighter than the F6B, so I found it to be a great bike to get my self back in the saddle. A 2018, blue touring dct is my goal in the future just because I really want to experience that bike. The Valkyrie is such a bargain for what you get though. It is an amazing machine and just plain fun to ride, and a great bike for me at the moment.

Registered
HondaBilly -

The VVRC is a purely fictitious entity I conjured, consisting of precisely two members, me and Rick Roy, of this forum. I in Richmond, and he in Virginia Beach. To my knowledge, we are the only two F6C riders in Virginia on this forum. At least, I have never seen a post from anyone else here who lives in Virginia, although I'm certain there are some. My local Honda dealer says they've never worked on another besides mine, which is telling. I keep begging admin to add a geolocator map for us to pin where we all live. Other similar forums have this and it would be a very easy add-on, but they seem less than eager to do this. I wish others would contact admin and request it to generate some enthusiasm. (Hint, hint to all reading this!)

I too have a VTX 1800r. It is indeed a monster. I haven't ridden it in a while, and need to sell it. I never liked the foot forward position of the floorboards and always found that riding position uncomfortable. That's one reason I gravitated to the Valkyrie - a much more responsive 1800 with pegs under my hips.

Richmonder
I might still be riding the "X" today, if I had not needed cash after divorcing my first wife. Mine was an F3. Metallic black. Talk about fancy! Solid chrome everywhere, including chrome footpegs and polished chrome alloy wheels. The bike had terrific chrome pipes, which were round and riveted on the ends. The 1800s were way ahead of their time, performance-wise. They were already stage 1 in their stock condition. 120 ft pounds of torque, 108 horsepower. Mine produced so much torque, that if I rolled the throttle back to accelerate onto the Interstate, the clutch would slip a little bit. I loved my 1800, and was sorry to have to let it go. Life goes on, eh? Who woulda thunk I'd wind up someday on a Valkyrie, which is even meaner!!!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts