Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Anyone going darkside?

12K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  bdfpc 
Will need new tires soon, considering switching to darkside. Wondering if anyone's done that on the new Valks and what are you running?
Yes, I just put on an achilles ATR-K economist 175/55/17 on mine. That is the only tire sold in that size in America as far as I could tell. It fits with no issues. I've only rode once about 5 min with it on. It does turn/handle different. I can tell the tire is a bit heavier in top gear roll-on.

Well it's a slightly smaller tire so I can't see it causing any problems other than slightly higher rpms at highway speed. How much did the tire cost you, and did you mount it yourself or did you find a shop that would do it for you?
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you! the tire cost 57$ on amazon.com, and I had a local greasy motorcycle mechanic mount the tire for 25$ (the same he charges for a motorcycle tire). I'm interested to see if a 195/45/17 would fit as well, again only one tire manufacturer builds this size tire and it can be found on tirerack.com.

Negative comments

All these opinions about how silly the "darkside" is, PSSSHHH. Please tell us your other pointless OPINIONS! Would you like to tell us how terrible it is to ride without a helmet? without a jacket? riding pants? riding boots? ride naked? Ride on a motorcycle with more than 100HP, how silly is that? who needs to go faster than 65MPH? do you have a strong opinion on apehangers, drag bars, windshields, passengers? would that damage handling? OMG someone is doing something different than you, take your Xanax, ride your 100miles per year and smile. NONE of those things matter! We enjoy riding motorcycles, all kinds, set up all different ways, stop being a troll.

These picture are terrible, oh well. Also, before I am asked: I simply took off the mufflers, I like the way it sounds. I drilled out the catalytic converter as well, although I do not recommend that, it makes absolutely no difference. I had some gloss powder coat put on the grab rails, exhaust guard and muffler, but it had the mufflers coated twice but it kept chipping off where 2 metals meet.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.