Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't remotely been keeping up with any Valkyrie related things lately, but has anyone else made an exhaust besides Torq Masters?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Delkevic

You may recall that back in the summer i offered my bike to Delkevic in order that they could look at producing an exhaust system for the F6C.
They did not get hold of my bike until September and i can inform you that they are still looking at it. It appears that replacement mufflers were not the way to go and a full system would need to be developed.
The research and development guy in the UK visited the USA last month for a meeting to discuss this with the Delkevic importer. No decission has yet been reached regarding putting a system into production.
One of the problems is whether there is enough demand for Delkevic to produce a system. This was not helped by the rumours stating that the F6C/Valkyrie had ceased production. I am informed that this is not the case and that bikes are available to order from Japan. Honda have brought about this arrangement due to dealers not wanting to stock slow moving bikes, the ST1300 and CB1100EX are included in this arrangement. Things may be different in the USA but Honda Europe seem to have adopted this policy.
If owners want Delkevic to produce a system I suggest you make this fact known in order to take this forward.
I hope this information may assist you with a search for an exhaust.

·
Registered
222 Posts
When I used the Delkevic mufflers for my custom exhaust, I knew there was no way for them to use on of their slip on mufflers and keep the factory cats. They told me there had a system in production and would be ready last September. That was not true. I sent them a picture of mine with their muffler just to tease their R&D guys and frustrate them even more. They never replied.

Bottom line; don't expect anything from Delkevic for the Valk.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't say I'm personally disappointed in no headway from Delkevic. They are just too "sport-bikey" for me.

I was hoping for either a Cobra or Two Brothers setup. They both already make good sounding and looking exhausts for the GL/F6B

·
Registered
13 Posts
Exhaust

Spoke with Cobra and they will NOT be making a exhaust for our bikes. The man said they just can't see any money there due to the new Valkyrie not taking off in sales

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah....... that's 100% believable and reasonable from any manufacturer. The sad truth about owning the new Valkyrie, they finally made one I wanted to own but apparently no one else did.........

·
Registered
36 Posts
The sad truth about owning the new Valkyrie, they finally made one I wanted to own but apparently no one else did.........
Yep, not many people left in this world with our discerning taste, impeccable logic and advanced experience in choosing a world class motorcycle.

I've resigned myself to the fact that a good portion of the motorcycle world is now populated by posers, idiots and other assorted morons. Wasn't always that way, but c'est la vie.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Exhaust

Was able to get with a R&d guy today at two bros exhaust and they are still trying to decide if they will be making a exhaust for the Valkyrie but it did sound like there might be a chance.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If they want my stock exhaust minus the header pipes I can send them to them. They already have a header set up from doing the F6B

·
Registered
2 Posts
A close bike to the F6C is the BMW 1600, Akrapovic makes a set for that bike....has anyone reached out to them yet? I know they are also sport bike oriented...but it's worth a shot.

·
Registered
44 Posts
well , with that kin of thinking , I am glad you live down under :)

Yep, not many people left in this world with our discerning taste, impeccable logic and advanced experience in choosing a world class motorcycle.

I've resigned myself to the fact that a good portion of the motorcycle world is now populated by posers, idiots and other assorted morons. Wasn't always that way, but c'est la vie.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i spoke to a guy at 2bros about a system , he said " not in the radar at this time'" BUT he said not out of the ? if a bunch of orders , at least 50 can be promised to them through a forum or club ect. in a bunch order, they may look into it . i did not ask if a design concept was drawn up or if they had any r&d started .soooo some of you guys might want to talk to them . it seems to be that they need to make a bunch to be profitable

·
Registered
331 Posts
I approached them 1 1/2 years ago (6-2015), and this was their response:

Two Brothers Racing Exhaust
I sent an Email to Two Brothers Racing about producing slip-ons for the F6C. Here is their response:

Hey Frank,

I will present this to my designers and let them know there are people asking about an exhaust for this bike.

Thanks for the inquiry,

Dan Strudwick
Two Brothers Racing, Inc | Customer Service
401 S. Grand Ave. Santa Ana CA 92705
714-550-6070
www.twobros.com

Soon after I was told on the phone, maybe after the race season. Then was told, sorry, but no! :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts