Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Geepers you may be able to weld it using a soldering iron and zippy ties as the 'solder'. Its a smelly job and who knows how toxic so make sure it is well ventilated. Its even possible to use copper wire pieces as internal reinforcing in the weld. Little bits of stripped wire work a treat, laid across the fracture and heated by the iron they sink right in.

Whenever I have done this the job has ended up looking like crap but has held strong. That even included a a section of a pannier lid edge about 200mm long.

·
Registered
135 Posts
...... in the Vietnam war, duct tape was used ....
Whaaat?

"Nobody knew they had duct tape in the Vietnam War. And nobody knows more about duct tape than I do and what a tremendous product is. Made in America. That's right, right here and so nobody knew so when I said 'Doc, I've been drafted but the heel spurs and the plantar FASCIITIS - what can I do?' What can I do....

I was a general in the Vietnam War - not many people know that - or I would have been. I would have made a GREAT general. But the spurs you know. Geddit? You can't win a war with the spurs so I said, you know what: I'm gonna stay here and support the war from behind. I'll deal and steal and fight the war my way and you know they said it, they all did, that I should have been made a general for that and they did it, they made me a general. Nobody knows that.

But the spurs, if only they had duct tape I coulda wiped out those commies all by myself, but they had no duct tape, see?"
- D Trump 2018*

Gesture Finger Thumb Wrist Cloud

* for Geepers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts