Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my 2014 dark red Valk over the weekend. I took it out for the first time tonight. For reference, My previous bike was a 2008VTX1800T. I sold it in march after 8 years and bought a CTX700N. After a week I regretted what I did. First thing that I noted was that it sounded incredibly powerful. The whine bothered me for about 5 minutes then I didn't notice it again. Shifting the first few miles was a learning curve; they were awkward and rough. By the time I was back the shifts were seamless and smooth. I am 5"7 30" inseam and 185#. The bars were a little far away and the foot pegs were a little high. They are in the perfect location though. I really don't need to tell anyone here what I thought about the acceleration or torque do I? It has all I Need and some left over. I like a bike that can go where and when I want it to go in traffic. I ran one of my usual routs to judge the suspension. The front end wasn't bothered by ripples in the road. No teeth chattering over bumps. The rear felt a little funny to me and I told myself I need to play with the rear shock adjustment. One point of contention for me was when I got on the interstate I got up to speed and felt the rpms were higher than they'd needed to be. 3200 rpm @70 mphI made a mental note to count down shifts when I got off and yup I was in 5th. Wish it had a 6th or optional rearend. Wind didn't have any effect on it on the highway. Clearly I found my next bike. It just feels right.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's pretty much exactly how I feel about it. My first bike was a suzuki m50. Love the valk so much. I dialed the preload down to the lowest setting and it's more comfortable now. You still feel the bumps but they aren't jarring. I'm about 5'6 and 160 lbs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm 6' 1" and 230 pounds and I found dialing it down to the 2 from minimum on the preload greatly soften the abuse on my body. I have a bad back and all I can tell you is wow what a difference. Smooth but yet no wobbles or pogos in the corners even at speeds of 190 km per hour(allegedly).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts