Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 came with a Wing rear rim and the factory. I'm using the Wing rim.

It came with a Cooper rear tire which I wore out.

The links do work. I don't know why I'm seeing "Robot or Human"???
I replaced it with a

on the recommendation of other users.

it's OK but it's too square.

I just received this to replace it once it's worn out

Nicely rounded just like the Champiros I used on my 1500

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been wondering about the dark side discussions as well.
Back in the day of my 1st gen Valk, guys on the forum were going darkside.

I wonder, how many miles are you guys getting out of these tires?
Is it worth it?
Is handling affected? I love the way my bike handles and would not want to affect it in any negative way...

I do remember seeing videos on the old valk forums of guys placing cameras looking onto their rear wheels and recording riding in the twisties.... it seemed the bike would go up on the corner edge of the tire.... so it would "lift" quite a bit, then go around turns on the edge only.... this has no effect on handling?

Tazmool

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been wondering about the dark side discussions as well.
Back in the day of my 1st gen Valk, guys on the forum were going darkside.

I wonder, how many miles are you guys getting out of these tires?
Is it worth it?
Is handling affected? I love the way my bike handles and would not want to affect it in any negative way...

I do remember seeing videos on the old valk forums of guys placing cameras looking onto their rear wheels and recording riding in the twisties.... it seemed the bike would go up on the corner edge of the tire.... so it would "lift" quite a bit, then go around turns on the edge only.... this has no effect on handling?

Tazmool

The Champiros I used on my 1st gen lasted for about 14,000 miles compared to 8/9,000 for a bike tire plus they cost about $70.

I know some riders on 1st gen bikes would claim to get up to 20,000 miles on a rear. I believe they never went above 3,000 revs and rode perfectly maintained / laid roads.

Riding friend gets about 4,500 mils on a bike tire on his 1800.

A square looking tire does affect slow speed handling and on long curves a little more positive input is needed to maintain the curve.

The Champiros were 95% like using a bike tire and that is what I expect from the rounded profile of the Crosswind. Once inflated it should become a little more rounded.

Champiro at 13,500 miles

New Champiro

Old and new

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went to the darkside in March 2021 with a Toyo 185/60R16 on a wing rim. Smooth ride on the straights as expected, but the bike was somewhat skittish in the twisties which had me wondering if I'd made a mistake. Turned out that the stock OEM front was just acting it's age with the treadwear and the 2714 manufacture date. Switched to a Shinko 777 bias-ply. The improvement has been significant and my faith in the darkside restored. I'll probably never attack the twisties with the vigor of MC tires, but then we are not exactly riding litre crotch rockets here. YMMV......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts