Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Differences I've noticed between our two motorcycle scenes:

a) HD rules here. No great surprise I know, but I guess I didn't appreciate to what extent.

b) Lots more two-up riding here than Oz

c) Lots more LOUD exhausts than Oz

d) Lots more squids than Oz

e) The "driver using cell phone" problem much worse here than Oz

f) In general, less motorcycles here than I expected. Don't know the numbers but there just seems to be more per capita in Oz

Of the above it's (d) that's been the biggest shock. So many guys hurtling down the interstates wearing t shirts. "Land of the free" I guess.

·
Registered
547 Posts
"who let the dogs out"... who, who, who?
geeps, your in Ca. that aint 'Merica.. that is mexifornia / calinukistan. you wont get to see the real 'Mericans till you go east of at least past the first or second set of mountains. the whole left coast has gone to the dogs and is flea infested money sucking parasites.. aka demoRats. it truly is blue over there. be sure to get your shots and don't drink the water. I'd say welcome but you aint here yet.

·
Registered
109 Posts
"who let the dogs out"... who, who, who?
geeps, your in Ca. that aint 'Merica.. that is mexifornia / calinukistan. you wont get to see the real 'Mericans till you go east of at least past the first or second set of mountains. the whole left coast has gone to the dogs and is flea infested money sucking parasites.. aka demoRats. it truly is blue over there. be sure to get your shots and don't drink the water. I'd say welcome but you aint here yet.
I'm in the Midwest and I find your opinions loathsome. Not sure that political ranting travels well in a motorcycling forum.

·
Registered
464 Posts
geep,

Every country has good and bad. You just happened to land in the land of the bad.

No one can truly 'size up' all this until you've been here a while. If we had platypusses and roos and tanzdevils, we'd have something to brag about.

However, I digress! Motor machines with 2 wheels is a changing especially since many of the producers are all excited about electrifying and smacking mega bucks on them.
They(bike makers) are not sure which direction to go.

While I'm curious and watching elecs, I worry about how quiet they are even with fake sound added so I welcome loud gas driven HD's and so on. Rest assured geeps, there are plenty of solo biker squids out there ... and I'm one of them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
geeps, your in Ca. that aint 'Merica..
Pity. I've found the people polite, friendly and welcoming.
I choose to ignore poncho’s remarks ... anyways .. geeps - hit me up - I’m In LA and would love to meet up if you are in the area - I can PM you my cell number - you were the first one to welcome me to this forum - and I wanna just shake hands if possible ...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Ashram, appreciate that. However I’ll literally be driving up to LAX and jumping on a plane on Saturday. Maybe next time I visit your sunny shores 😜

·
Registered
167 Posts
There are good people everywhere ......... the "wild eyed crazies are also everywhere ..... some concentrated in particular areas more than others. When you look at the total lack of common sense being displayed across our country, people tend to jump to conclusions ........ As Joe Friday said: " Just the facts Ma'am"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts