Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you thinking about changing your air filter I have bed news.
This is no simple project, there is a lot of plastic that has to come off before pulling the tank. After more than 2-1/2 hrs of work last night I'm about 50% done.
The new filter has been mounted in the air box.
Pictures attached will give you an idea of what has been removed to get the required access. Will give the inside a good cleaning before putting everything back together.

If you do not have the time, patience, tools or the desire to do this the cost of the air filter is about $ 26.00. Labor charge to install it is probably going to be 3-4 hrs at your dealers standard rate ( $ 65.00+) around here.

Good luck and Happy New Year

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have removed the tank a number of times, and each time I get faster. I can totally strip my bike in less than an hour now. I will tell you that having a centre stand helps tremendously.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was my first try at removing the bodywork for maintenance purposes. Wanted to be carefull not to damage anything so getting all of the screws, bolts, wiring and push pins out before pulling on the panels took more time than I originally thought.
As you said, now that you know how the pieces fit together the next time will shouldn't take as long.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I fitted a K&N filter to mine the other day job took 1 hour all up easy as you want to try 2012 Goldwing with air bag THEN you will do your head IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I fitted a K&N filter to mine the other day job took 1 hour all up easy as you want to try 2012 Goldwing with air bag THEN you will do your head IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Waffen,

Did you remove the side pod covers and fuel door cover?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Waffen,

Did you remove the side pod covers and fuel door cover?
Just the fuel door no need to remove the side pods just the top bolt at the front of each pod :)

Working on a fix to get rid of the key from the fuel flap just be push to open more on this later :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm cutting a spare key and using an old Goldwing radio knob for mine. Just going to cut the key, JB Weld it into the knob and leave it in the keyhole for the fuel door.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm cutting a spare key and using an old Goldwing radio knob for mine. Just going to cut the key, JB Weld it into the knob and leave it in the keyhole for the fuel door.
Been there done that :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts