Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all,

I've been searching for fork springs to upgrade the front suspension of my 2015 without success. Everyone seems to list springs for Goldwings and F6B but not specifically for the F6C, are these compatible with the Valk?
Has anyone replaced the front springs in their F6C? If so what make and part numbers did you use? I'd be interested in maybe going slightly heavier as I'm not a lightweight.
I do like the look of the TRAXXION AK20 cartridges but I'm not outlaying $1400+ AUD for them.
I'll probably have to source springs from the USA as Australian retailers are bloody useless.

Cheers,
BB

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
256 Posts
Hmmmm I didn't know Max had a kit for our bikes... I know the folks that have the 2002-2017 Goldwings SWEAR by that front end kit he sells (very expensive though) I'd consider it but honestly, this is one of the best riding bikes I've ever owned... but still

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I've forked out (pun intended) for a set of Racetech 1.0kg/mm springs, these will stiffen up the front end and stop it sagging with my weight. I put my weight (110kg) into their calculator and this is pretty much the recommendation. The original springs are 0.7kg/mm and are set up for a rider of around 75kg (don't ask me what that is in pounds)....(I was tempted to steal the springs out of the Super Blackbird I own that our young fella drag races, they are 0.89kg/mm standard.. he wasn't too happy with the idea). I'm also gonna go with a slightly heavier fork oil, probably 7.5wt, the standard is 5wt according to the manual. This should keep the front end under control on our less than average highways.
I've also ordered a set of All Balls steering stem bearings, I've had a slight wobble in the front end recently so although the cause may not be the bearings it's a worthwhile upgrade over the average Honda bearing setup. Once I get them I will measure them and the seals and post the info here, I'm sure it must be cheaper to go to the bearing shop and buy the parts separately.
I've done similar mods in the past to my VT750 and ST1100 and it was a vast improvement.

Just gotta wait to get the parts now...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I've forked out (pun intended) for a set of Racetech 1.0kg/mm springs, these will stiffen up the front end and stop it sagging with my weight. I put my weight (110kg) into their calculator and this is pretty much the recommendation. The original springs are 0.7kg/mm and are set up for a rider of around 75kg (don't ask me what that is in pounds)....(I was tempted to steal the springs out of the Super Blackbird I own that our young fella drag races, they are 0.89kg/mm standard.. he wasn't too happy with the idea). I'm also gonna go with a slightly heavier fork oil, probably 7.5wt, the standard is 5wt according to the manual. This should keep the front end under control on our less than average highways.
I've also ordered a set of All Balls steering stem bearings, I've had a slight wobble in the front end recently so although the cause may not be the bearings it's a worthwhile upgrade over the average Honda bearing setup. Once I get them I will measure them and the seals and post the info here, I'm sure it must be cheaper to go to the bearing shop and buy the parts separately.
I've done similar mods in the past to my VT750 and ST1100 and it was a vast improvement.

Just gotta wait to get the parts now...
Well I finally got the time to install the springs and I have to say the front end is a lot more planted and doesn't feel as soft when cornering. I also notice it handles better over large bumps. All in all I'm pretty happy with it. I also worked out why I had the wobble, the rear tyre had scalloped badly on the right hand side and it was coming through the frame. I had a new rear tyre fitted and it's all good now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts