Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought the Valkyrie could use a better rear brake light.
So I wanted a 6 inch LED strip light for the rear, I found a pair of them on EBay for cheap.
I then took a aluminum L bracket and cut in half the long way but left enough for two tabs to bolt it down.
Painted it, wired it and bolted it down.
I think it turned out well.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Looks good. I'm impressed!

Richmonder

·
Registered
360 Posts
Nice, the pattern looks like OEM! In the photo, it looks like they're aimed downward?

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
Wonder how that would look on the stock seat? since those bolt holes are slightly under the seat.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
If you can get them to stick to your seat it should work
I bent the tabs and made the bracket match curve of the seat.
Looks a little better.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Jack that looks Excellant. That is what i have been intending to do. Any chance you have the e bay link to that? Internet shopping seems hit and miss these days cause there is so much to sort through. I intend to put a light under the OEM luggage rack.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
95 Posts
Jack Thanks for the link. I've get to get moving on this. Been on my bucket list for a while. Your Valk looks so much better and more visible.

·
Registered
712 Posts
nice job...must say tho I've always thought the stock light to be pretty darn good compared to old style stuff...very bright and the wideness catches the eye ...no?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Looks great! It's so important to be seen, especially in the rain, etc.
You do realize you could probably sell those...

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh this is such a perfect upgrade, a significant safety feature that looks great too! JackB made me a kit with instructions, helpful color photos and everything I needed to quickly install it with little to no skill of my own. Compared to JackB’s Valk, (his photos are at the bottom of this string) I think the luggage rack on mine reflects and channels the light, and makes it look even more professional/oem! Cudos to JackB for the designing such a simple, practical solution. I highly recommend this for all Valk 1800's !

Attachments

Reactions: Sixshooter and RRoy

·
Registered
107 Posts
I thought the Valkyrie could use a better rear brake light.
So I wanted a 6 inch LED strip light for the rear, I found a pair of them on EBay for cheap.
I then took a aluminum L bracket and cut in half the long way but left enough for two tabs to bolt it down.
Painted it, wired it and bolted it down.
I think it turned out well.

Awesome!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Oh this is such a perfect upgrade, a significant safety feature that looks great too! JackB made me a kit with instructions, helpful color photos and everything I needed to quickly install it with little to no skill of my own. Compared to JackB’s Valk, (his photos are at the bottom of this string) I think the luggage rack on mine reflects and channels the light, and makes it look even more professional/oem! Cudos to JackB for the designing such a simple, practical solution. I highly recommend this for all Valk 1800's !
Awesome!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would think it would work if the bracket is installed the opposite way.
If there's room and it would look better because the bolts would be under the seat.
I don't have a stock seat to try.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts