Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

Accessory Plug Pins??

4K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  RUSTY B 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I added a new Bluetooth speaker and amp system to my bike and I have a couple questions. I will post the diagram below. I used the Accessory Plug located under the seat as indicated in the Honda Drawing by the Red Circles. The Blue line points to the two blank connection points for power and ground. The way Honda mounted this connector to the bike, if you pull out the dummy plug, the top connector hole is ground while the bottom one is 12 volt power.

I went to the Honda dealer to see if I could find an adapter from this two pin to just either bare leads out or a cigarette lighter adapter. Bingo, Honda has the cigarette lighter adapter.
Part Number: 08E70-MJR-670 - Accessory Socket
$95.00 yep, you read that right.

Now all I want is the connector with bare leads so this was not an option for me to butcher at a price of $95.00. What I learned from Honda is that they already made the dummy plug so you can make your own adapter. The Accessory Connector is plugged with two rubber inserts that can be pulled out. Once you pull these out you can solder a couple pins to the positive and negative wires and insert them into the dummy plug, thus giving you a custom adapter from the spare accessory port.

Now the problem. This is a Honda Plug and I do not know where to find the pins. It's not a Molex connector or anything like that, but the pins are similar.
1. Does anyone know what Honda calls this special type of connector?
2. Does anyone know where to order the pins for these at?
3. Does it take a special little tool to pop the pins out if you need to reverse them or fix them?

I used a special Mudbug installation method that is currently working. I have to keep it a secret, otherwise you guys will go by all the Scotch 3M Electrical Tape. ;)

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.