Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgive my ignorance on the Valkyrie. I can take a Goldwing GL1800 apart in my sleep, but I am completely dumb when it comes to this new model. I have a friend bringing his 2014 over this weekend and I will need to get access to the battery.

Can I assume that the battery, like the Goldwing, is under the left side cover? And, can I also assume that the side covers just snap into grommets on the frame? Does the seat need to be removed?

·
Registered
402 Posts
If the guy has a Corbin seat then the seat will have to be taken off to take off the side cover. If the seat is OEM then the seat can stay on. Battery can be accessed behind the left side cover.

·
Registered
374 Posts
My advice if you're doing wiring, I'd pull what ever seat is on the bike it gives you full easy access to the battery compartment. Just four bolts. Two if its a Corbin.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I believe Cruiseman just needs to disconnect the ground wire for safety reasons while installing the foglights. :nerd:
I made a comment on my review about my fog light installation and removing the negative battery cable. Really? You are plugging in 2 wire to existing available connectors? Why the need to remove the negative cable? Everyone always say that. i bet if you get the instruction on how to remove a wheel it will save first remove the negative battery cable. We'll I did not and my fog light installation went much easier with no problems.

I will say, it is tight to access the negative cable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
goldstar903 is correct, I am shooting a video for SoCalMotoGear and trying to follow their printed instructions. However, you are correct, if all we were doing was connecting to the factory OEM connectors, it would not be a big deal, but we are also using posi-tap connectors to tie into the turn signal wiring (that's why I need to remove the headlight assy).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts